Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Hazards [Trade Unions Congress magazine]
Britain's safety laws need improving to protect lives. At the moment they can't even protect the jobs of people raising safety concerns. [refers to Costain, Connex (part of Veolia Environnement), South West Trains (part of Stagecoach Group), Midland...
Author: Jem Bendell, Mark Bendell, Kate Kearins, Kate Ives & Wayne Visser,
Particular issues under the spotlight included activism, climate change, human rights, corruption, globalisation, standardization, sustainability reporting and taxation. [refers to Caterpillar, Minera Escondida (part of BHP Billiton), AMP Group, Co...
- Related stories: 4th Annual Review of Corporate Responsibility argues selling & marketing to poor consumers may not help reduce poverty or address basic needs
- Related companies: ABB Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) AMP Group AOL Barclays BHP Billiton Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Bristol-Myers Squibb British Sky Broadcasting BT Caterpillar Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) ExxonMobil General Electric Grameen Bank Guardian Media HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM ITV Johnson & Johnson MTV (part of Viacom) MTV Networks Europe (part of Viacom) National Grid Norske Skog NorskeCanada (part of Norske Skog) Novartis Pearson Pfizer Reed Elsevier Group Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Royal Philips Electronics Shell Sony Toyota Trinity Mirror Unilever Union Carbide (part of Dow)
Author: Global Governance Initiative, World Economic Forum
[Chapter headings are: "The role of the private sector"; "Peace and security"; "Poverty and hunger"; "Education"; "Health"; "Environment"; "Human rights"] [refers to Merck, Anglo American, Imperial Life, Dupont, BP, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers Squibb,...
- Related stories: Global Governance Initiative report says 2005 is crucial year for govts., companies to act on global development & human rights goals
- Related companies: ABB Barclays Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) BP Bristol-Myers Squibb CACI DuPont Gap HP (Hewlett-Packard) Merck MTV (part of Viacom) MTV Networks Europe (part of Viacom) Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Standard Chartered Statoil Titan (now L-3 Titan)
Author: Global Corporate Citizenship Initiative (World Economic Forum), in co-operation with AccountAbility
[refers to CalPERS, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Anglo American, Citigroup, Standard & Poor's (part of McGraw Hill), Accenture, Deutsche Bank, ABN AMRO, Novo Nordisk, Prudential Plc, UBS, Schroders, BT, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Morgan Stanley,...
- Related stories: Report by World Economic Forum, AccountAbility investigates why mainstream financial community has not yet embraced social investment
- Related companies: ABB ABN Amro Accenture Anglo American AXA Barclays BT Citigroup Clifford Chance Co-operative Group Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group) Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Lehman Brothers McDonald's McGraw-Hill Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Morgan Stanley Natura Nomura Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Prudential plc Sasol Schroders Siemens Standard & Poor's (part of McGraw Hill) Standard Life Storebrand Swiss Re UBS Walmart
[PDF] full report: "Working Together - A Critical Analysis of Cross-Sector Partnerships in Southern Africa"
Author: Melanie Rein & Stuart Reid, University of Cambridge Programme for Industry, Leda Stott, Intl. Business Leaders Forum, UK, Kavwanga Yambayamba, The Forum for Business Leaders & Social Partners, Zambia, Stan Hardman, The Leadership Centre, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
[refers to Freshmark (part of Shoprite), Zamseed, Mondi (part of Anglo American), BHP Billiton, Richards Bay, BP, Barclays Bank, Standard Chartered, Zambia National Commercial Bank, Chilanga Cement, Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation, NCC Phønix),...