Headquarters in Switzerland
Calls for major reforms to UK Modern Slavery Act & mandatory due diligence growing, Ethical Corporation reports
Author: Katherine Steiner-Dicks, Ethical Corporation
"‘We know most global companies have modern slavery in their supply chains’", 6 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: "S Group" Argos (part of Home Retail Group) ASDA (part of Walmart) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) ASOS Barry Callebaut Bavaria (part of SABMiller) Cargill Heineken Home Retail Group Homebase (part of Home Retail Group) John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Rabobank Sainsbury's SNS Reaal Tesco Tony's Chocoloney Travis Perkins Vedanta Resources Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Wickes
Author: Samanth Subramanian, The Guardian
"Is fair trade finished?", 23 July 2019 ...
Côte d'Ivoire & Ghana set a fixed living income differential of $400 per tonne of cocoa to relieve farmer poverty
Author: Africa News
...Ivory Coast and Ghana have stepped up their efforts to reform the industry, imposing a fixed “living income differential” of $400 a tonne on all cocoa contracts sold by either country for the 2020/21 season...The premium...replaces an earlier...
Author: SWI (Suiza)
“La desigualdad salarial es enorme en las grandes empresas suizas” - 12 de junio de 2019...
List of large businesses & associations with public statements & endorsements in support of human rights due diligence regulation
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Large businesses (>1 bn € turnover) and associations with public statements and endorsements in support of mandatory human rights due diligence (non-comprehensive list), last updated 18 September 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: "S Group" Barry Callebaut BMW Coca-Cola Finland Daimler Fazer Group Firmenich Heineken IKEA Kesko KiK Mars Mercuria Energy Migros Mondelēz International Nestlé Netherlands Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Rabobank Sampo Group Stora Enso Tchibo Trafigura Beheer Wihuri Group
Major chocolate companies and MEPs are calling for the EU to pass a due diligence regulation addressing environmental and human rights impacts in commodity supply chains......
- Related stories: MEP group launches Shadow EU Action Plan on Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Barry Callebaut Mars Mondelēz International
Author: Katja Scherer, Süddeutsche Zeitung
"Der bittere Beigeschmack der Schokolade", 2 Jan 2018...
Author: Progressive Grocer
"Ahold Delhaize, Albertsons Cos. and Target Inc. have joined with consumer goods manufacturers and civic groups to form the North American Sustainable Palm Oil Network (NASPON), with the mission of educating, building momentum, and helping North...