Headquarters in Switzerland
Author: Maytaal Angel, Reuters
Nestlé is spending 45 million Swiss francs ($45.13 million) a year on efforts to source cocoa sustainably, the food company said, also citing progress in reducing child labour in its West African supply chain. ...
Author: Barry Callebaut AG, Mars Wrigley and Mondelēz International, The VOICE Network, Rainforest Alliance and Fairtrade
We, a group of companies (Barry Callebaut AG, Mars Wrigley and Mondelēz International), The VOICE Network, Rainforest Alliance and Fairtrade, call on the European Union, by far the largest importer and consumer of cocoa in the world, to strengthen...
- Related stories: World's major chocolate companies call for EU-wide human rights and environmental due diligence regulation
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: Barry Callebaut Mars Mondelēz International
Author: ComunicaRSE (Argentina)
Los gigantes de la alimentación se comprometen con la agricultura regenerativa” – 11 de octubre de 2019...
Calls for major reforms to UK Modern Slavery Act & mandatory due diligence growing, Ethical Corporation reports
Author: Katherine Steiner-Dicks, Ethical Corporation
"‘We know most global companies have modern slavery in their supply chains’", 6 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: "S Group" Argos (part of Home Retail Group) ASDA (part of Walmart) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) ASOS Barry Callebaut Bavaria (part of SABMiller) Cargill Heineken Home Retail Group Homebase (part of Home Retail Group) John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Rabobank Sainsbury's SNS Reaal Tesco Tony's Chocoloney Travis Perkins Vedanta Resources Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Wickes
Author: Samanth Subramanian, The Guardian
"Is fair trade finished?", 23 July 2019 ...
Côte d'Ivoire & Ghana set a fixed living income differential of $400 per tonne of cocoa to relieve farmer poverty
Author: Africa News
...Ivory Coast and Ghana have stepped up their efforts to reform the industry, imposing a fixed “living income differential” of $400 a tonne on all cocoa contracts sold by either country for the 2020/21 season...The premium...replaces an earlier...
Author: SWI (Suiza)
“La desigualdad salarial es enorme en las grandes empresas suizas” - 12 de junio de 2019...
List of large businesses, associations & investors with public statements & endorsements in support of human rights due diligence regulation
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Large businesses (>1 bn € turnover) and associations with public statements and endorsements in support of mandatory human rights due diligence (non-comprehensive list), last updated 19 February 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: "S Group" Barry Callebaut BMW Cargill Coca-Cola Finland Daimler Danone Dormakaba Ericsson Fazer Group Ferrero Firmenich H&M Hapag-Lloyd Group Heineken Hershey IKEA Kesko KiK Mars Mercuria Energy Migros Mondelēz International Nestlé Nestlé Netherlands Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Plus Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rabobank REWE-Group Sampo Group Stora Enso Symrise Tchibo Trafigura Beheer Wihuri Group