Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Numerosas empresas europeas se han volcado con los damnificados por el debastador terremoto que ha asolado el sureste asiático cobrandose la vida de más de 120.000 personas y han anunciado millionarias donanciones para los países afectados. [se refiere...
[refers to BASF, Bayer, Dow, DuPont, Monsanto, Syngenta, Chiquita, Dole, Archer Daniels Midland, Barry Callebaut, Cargill, Fyffes, ADM, Cargill, Zen Noh, Unilever, Nestlé, Tyson, Wal-Mart, Tesco, Asda (part of Wal-Mart), Safeway (part of Morrisons),...
- Related stories: ActionAid report says food multinationals "threaten fight against poverty" (refers to Nestlé, Unilever, Monsanto, Parmalat, Cargill, Wal-Mart, others)
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland ASDA (part of Walmart) Barry Callebaut BASF Bayer Booz Allen Hamilton British American Tobacco Cargill Carrefour Chiquita Dole Morrisons PepsiCo Safeway UK (part of Morrisons) Sainsbury Syngenta Tesco Tyson Unilever Walmart
Author: David Ljunggren, Reuters
Canada said on Monday it did not plan to restrict the use of the popular garden pesticide 2,4-D...manufactured by a number of major chemical companies such as Syngenta Crop Protection Canada Inc., Dow Agrosciences Canada Inc., Bayer Chemicals,...
Author: Alan Murray, Wall Street Journal
...General Electric [releases] its first-ever "Citizenship Report," a 75-page bow to the bevy of nongovernmental organizations pushing for ever-more "corporate social responsibility."...GE Chief Executive Jeff Immelt...has concluded that efforts to...
Author: Marc Gunther, Fortune
What we're seeing here are local standards that have worldwide impact...It can be frustrating (not to mention costly) to comply with tough European Union regs, but it's bad business for multinationals to make things that won't sell across the global...
- Related stories: "Cops of the global village" - how local laws are helping improve multinationals' environmental & social conduct worldwide (Fortune Magazine)
- Related companies: Airbus (part of EADS) BASF Boeing Carrefour Dell DuPont Gap General Electric General Motors HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Inditex Intel Motorola Nike Volkswagen Xerox Zara (part of Inditex)
[PDF] full report: "Influencing Power - Reviewing the conduct and content of corporate lobbying" (free registration required)
Author: SustainAbility & WWF
[Companies with "systematic" approach: BASF, BP, Chevron, Dow, Ford, General Motors, GlaxoSmithKline, Hewlett-Packard. Companies with "developing" approach: Altria, AstraZeneca, Diageo, Microsoft, Pfizer, Philips, Shell, Swiss Re, Time Warner, Total....
- Related stories: WWF, SustainAbility report on extent to which lobbying activities of S&P Global 100 companies are consistent with their social & environmental commitments
- Related companies: 3M ABN Amro Aegon AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Allianz Altria Assicurazioni Generali AstraZeneca AT&T AXA Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb Canon Carrefour Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EMC Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fortis France Telecom (now Orange) Fuji Photo Film General Electric General Motors Gillette (part of Procter & Gamble) GlaxoSmithKline Hitachi Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IBM ING Intel Ito-Yokado Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Matsushita (now Panasonic) McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Morgan Stanley Nestlé News Corporation Nissan Nokia Nortel Networks Novartis PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble Repsol YPF Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Sanofi-Aventis Santander Shell Siemens Sony Suez Swiss Re Telefónica Texas Instruments Time Warner Toshiba Total Toyota Tyco UBS Unilever United Technologies Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Walmart
The report, Influencing Power, [by WWF and SustainAbility] ranked the world's top 100 companies on the transparency of their lobbying activities and whether it demonstrates support for their public statements on corporate responsibility. [refers to...