Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
BASF, the Micronutrient Initiative and the UN Global Compact host event to address malnutrition for the world’s poorest
Author: Micronutrient Initiative
BASF [Badische Anilin- und Soda-Fabrik], the Micronutrient Initiative, and the UN Global Compact hosted “Addressing Malnutrition at the Base of Pyramid (BoP),” a Technical Partnership Dialogue…The event fostered discussion among nutrition stakeholders...
Summary Note: Consultation with Business Stakeholders on the Implementation of the UN "Protect, Respect and Remedy" Framework
Author: Prepared for the mandate of UN Special Representative on business & human rights John Ruggie
Professor John Ruggie…held a consultation with business stakeholders in Paris on the implemention of the UN “Protect, Respect and Remedy” Framework…The purpose of the consultation was to provide an opportunity for…industry,…employer organizations,...
- Related in-depth areas: Summaries of John Ruggie consultations - Oct 2010 UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: ABB ABN Amro Ahold Alcatel-Lucent Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Arcelor Mittal Areva BAE Systems Barclays BASF BG Group BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP Burson-Marsteller Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Capgemini Carrefour Casino Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Chevron Coca-Cola Crédit Agricole Daimler Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMC Eni Esquel ExxonMobil France Telecom (now Orange) Gazprom GDF Suez General Electric Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) ING Kraft Foods L'Oreal La Caixa Lafarge LCF Rothschild Marks & Spencer Michelin Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Nippon Steel Nokia Orange PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Rabobank Randstad Renault Rhodia Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Shell Société Générale Sodexo Solvay Statoil Suez Symantec Telecom Italia Thales Total Toyota Unilever Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Walt Disney Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) Yahoo!
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
Carbon management is becoming a strategic business priority and competitive driver for the largest global companies, despite the lack of global agreement on climate change. These are among the findings of the 2010 Global 500* report and leadership...
- Related stories: Report says carbon management becoming a "strategic business priority" - says Siemens, Deutsche Post, BASF, Bayer, Samsung top 5 firms for carbon disclosure
- Related companies: Bank of America BASF Bayer Deutsche Post Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) PricewaterhouseCoopers Samsung Siemens
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Refers to contributions by: 3M, Abbott Labs, Agility Logistics, AgriTech, Al-Bario Engineering, AT&T, BASF, Becton Dickinson, Chevron Pakistan, China Asia International Finance, Cisco Foundation, Coca-Cola Export Corporation & Coca-Cola...
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories AT&T BASF BD (Becton, Dickinson) Chevron Cisco Systems Coca-Cola Daewoo Group Doosan Group DuPont EMC G4S GlaxoSmithKline Hotel Lotte Johnson & Johnson Levi Strauss LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Monsanto Pfizer Philip Morris International Poongsan Posco Procter & Gamble Samsung Visa Inc. Wackenhut (part of G4S)
Author: Laura Price, Bloomberg
The Brazilian units of Basf SE and Royal Dutch Shell Plc. were fined a total of 622 million reais ($354 million) after former workers suffered health problems because of contamination at a plant in Paulinia, Sao Paulo state, from the 1970s to 2002....
- Related stories: Brazil: BASF, Shell fined after workers suffered health problems caused by contamination at plant - firms say they will appeal Shell/BASF lawsuit (re Brazil)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: BASF Shell
Author: Johan van Slooten, Radio Netherlands Worldwide
Former workers at a Brazilian chemical plant operated by Anglo-Dutch oil giant Shell are relieved that a court has ordered the company to pay hundreds of millions of euros in compensation for their exposure to toxic substances. Workers at the plant...
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre & Realizing Rights
As representatives of over 1000 companies gather this week in New York at the United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have published a list of over 270 companies worldwide...
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Allianz Alstom Anglo American ANZ Bank Aramex Arcelor Mittal Areva Arla Foods ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group BHP Billiton BMW Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Chevron Chiquita Chubu Electric Power Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Control Risks Cosmo Oil Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone De Beers Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI Enagás EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil FCC Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fuji Photo Film Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS Gucci (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Halliburton HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Hilton Hitachi Holcim HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Iberdrola IKEA Impala Platinum Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) L'Oreal Lafarge Lagardère Lego Levi Strauss Linde Lloyds TSB Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NYK Line O2 (part of Telefónica) Occidental Petroleum OceanaGold OMV Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petrobras Pfizer Posco PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Caribbean Cruises Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sompo Japan Sony Sprint Nextel Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Starwood Hotels Statoil Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Tesco Timberland Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Technologies Vale Vattenfall Verizon Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) Yara Yell Group
Author: United Nations Global Compact
A human rights policy can take many forms and has no uniform definition…Adopting a human rights policy is only a first step in a company’s human rights due diligence towards meeting its responsibility to respect human rights. But it sends a clear...
- Related stories: United Nations Global Compact: "Guide on How to Develop a Human Rights Policy"
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: ABB adidas Alcoa Anadolu Efes AngloGold Ashanti ANZ Bank AstraZeneca AXA Balfour Beatty Barclays BASF Bayer BG Group BHP Billiton BlackRock Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carrefour Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Coca-Cola Codelco DuPont Eni Ford Fujitsu General Electric GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IKEA Marks & Spencer Marriott Mitsubishi Group National Grid Novartis Pentland Group Phillips-Van Heusen Reebok (part of adidas) Shell Tata Group TeliaSonera Tesco Total Vale Vodafone Westpac Yahoo!
Author: Global Coalition on HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis
…Through the GBC-led Bed Net Dialogue, companies manufacturing insecticide treated bed nets and retreatment kits recommended by the World Health Organization...are working with…key stakeholders to…remove the…roadblocks…in the distribution of bed nets...
Author: Elizabeth Umlas, commissioned by Realizing Rights, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact
This independent analysis, based on a review of 57 recent sustainability reports from companies representing a range of industry sectors, presents examples of encouraging trends in human rights reporting, as well as indications of key areas where...
- Related stories: 2 new reports on corporate human rights reporting (by UN Global Compact, Realizing Rights, GRI)
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Abertis Ahold Air France KLM American Airlines Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BAE Systems Bancaja Banesto Barclays BASF Bavaria (part of SABMiller) BG Group BP British American Tobacco British Land Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Cemex China Mobile Coca-Cola CVS Delhaize Dow Chemical Enbridge Ford GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hydro-Québec Marathon Oil Migros Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nestlé Newmont Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) OMV Procter & Gamble Repsol YPF Roche Starbucks Strauss Talisman Tata Group Telefónica TNT (part of TPG) TPG United Technologies Walt Disney Waste Management Wipro