Headquarters in Bahrain
Batelco since...the beginning of the period of unrest...has been communicating with its employees...to encourage employees to attend work, maintain good relationships with their colleagues and to be aware of using the company’s assets in the proper...
- Related stories: Bahrain: Over 2,000 workers may have been fired as punishment for participating in pro-democracy protests says Human Rights Watch
- This is a response from the following companies: Batelco
Author: Human Rights Watch
The Bahrain government should investigate and remedy the summary dismissals of more than 2,000 workers…apparently as punishment for having…supported pro-democracy demonstrations…[A] total of 2,186 workers, many in…firms in which the state has a...
Author: Kristen Chick, Christian Science Monitor [USA]
At least 16 Bahraini companies or government ministries have fired hundreds of mostly Shiite workers during the past week. Employees speak of being dismissed despite being on pre-approved leave or having received approval to stay home due to the unrest...
- Related stories: Bahrain firms fire hundreds of workers for "absenteeism", mostly Shiites - many participated in strikes, protests
- Related companies: Alba (Aluminium Bahrain) Batelco Gulf Air
Author: Paul Sonne & Steve Stecklow, Wall Street Journal
McAfee [part of Intel]...has provided content-filtering software used by Internet-service providers in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, according to interviews with buyers and a regional reseller. Blue Coat Systems…has sold hardware and technology in...
- Related stories: Firms including Intel's McAfee, Blue Coat, Palo Alto Networks, Websense provide software used for censorship to Middle East govts.
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Batelco McAfee (part of Intel) Netsweeper