Headquarters in USA
Author: OHCHR, IBLF, UN Global Compact & Castan Centre for Human Rights Law at Faculty of Law, Monash University [Australia]
Readers are guided through each of the rights contained in the UN treaties...and given a description of what each right means in general terms and how it may be relevant to a company’s activities...To bring reality to the report, each description of a...
- Related stories: Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) New practical human rights guide for business by UN Global Compact, IBLF, Castan Centre, OHCHR Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Arbitrary detention - an introduction Health - an introduction Killings - an introduction Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Abengoa adidas Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Alibaba.com AOL Barclays Bayer Bayer CropScience (part of Bayer) Bechtel Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BHP Billiton BP British Airways British American Tobacco CACI CBRL Group Chevron Cisco Systems Coca-Cola Compania Internacional de Bebidas y Alimentos S.A. Cracker Barrel (part of CBRL Group) Credit Suisse Dow Chemical Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Emergent Genetics (part of Monsanto) Enron EY (Ernst & Young) Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan G4S GlaxoSmithKline Google (part of Alphabet) GSL Australia (now G4S Australia) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA James Hardie Johnson & Johnson KPMG Levi Strauss Marriott McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Novartis Pentland Group Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Shell Starbucks Titan (now L-3 Titan) Total Toyota TPG UBS Unilever Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Author: Nils Rosemann, published by Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF)
This study aims to illustrate patterns of behavioural rules derived from corporate obligations, and to deduce from these a draft Code of Conduct (CoC) for Private Military and Security Companies (PMSCs). The purpose of a Code of Conduct for [PMSCs] is...
- Related companies: AECOM Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Aegis Group Alliant Techsystems ArmorGroup (part of G4S) BAE Systems Bechtel Blackwater Boeing CACI Control Risks Cubic Custer Battles DynCorp Erinys International Fluor G4S General Dynamics GEO Group Halliburton Hart Kalyx KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Lockheed Martin Marsh & McLennan MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) Northrop Grumman Olive Group Pacific Architects and Engineers (part of Lockheed Martin) QinetiQ Research Triangle Institute (RTI) Securitas AB Group Serco Thales Triple Canopy United Technologies Unity Resources Group WorleyParsons
Author: United States China Business Council
The US-China Business Council (USCBC) has encouraged American companies to continue to support relief efforts under way in China in response to the devastating earthquake that hit Sichuan Province on May 12...The following is a sample list of initial...
- Related companies: AIG Alticor Amway (part of Alticor) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Applied Materials Bechtel Boeing Cargill Caterpillar Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) Citigroup Coca-Cola Dow Chemical ExxonMobil Ford General Electric General Motors Home Depot IBM Intel Johnson & Johnson Microsoft Motorola Pepco Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Qualcomm Texas Instruments Tyco UPS Walmart
Dubious company - Ending poverty and winning human rights can't be left to voluntary initiatives of corporations
Author: [comment] John Hilary, Guardian [UK]
Today the prime minister hosts the Business Call to Action in support of the fight against global poverty. The event will showcase a range of new corporate products and services supposedly designed to help achieve the [Millennium Development Goals]......
Una organización civil de Ecuador ha acusado a la multinacional estadounidense Bechtel de haber empobrecido la calidad del agua en la ciudad de Guayaquil, lo que ha originado incluso brotes de hepatitis...[El] Observatorio Ciudadano de Servicios...
- Related companies: Bechtel
Author: Cristiano Morsolin en Bolpress
Una delegación del Parlamento Europeo...elogió el martes 20 de noviembre la propuesta ecuatoriana de dejar enterradas sus mayores reservas de petróleo, ubicadas en el parque natural Yasuní, a cambio de una compensación económica que evite el daño...
Social(k) and Fidelity Out of Sudan Target Companies to Divest Retirement Funds from Fidelity Investments Over Sudan
...Social(k)...today is day-lighting the names of 29 major companies each with more than two billion dollars of retirement assets in...Fidelity Investments... Social(k) fund President Rob Thomas made the announcement due to concerns the financial titan...
- Related companies: Accenture Albertsons Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Ameren Bechtel Bristol-Myers Squibb Delta Air Lines Dow Chemical Eastman Kodak Fidelity Investments Ford FPL Group HCA Johnson Controls Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) NCR Northeast Utilities PG&E PPG Shell Tyco Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) Verizon Walt Disney
Author: Franz Chávez, Inter Press Service
Six years after the people of Cochabamba reversed the privatisation of the city water company, access to water has improved and rates have been raised only slightly. However, there is still a long way to go. [refers to Aguas del Tunari (owned by...
- Related companies: Abengoa Bechtel Edison (Italy) SEMAPA (Servicio Municipal de Agua Potable y Alcantarillado) Suez
Author: Sujatha Fernandes, Special to CorpWatch
The $US1.5 billion project slated for the Chatham/Cap-de-Ville area envisions a 341,000 metric-tons-per-year aluminum smelter, an anode plant, and a cast house. Alcoa, the world's leading producer of aluminum, is promoting the project as a boon to...
- Related stories: Smelter Struggle: Trinidad Fishing Community Fights Aluminum Project
- Related companies: Alcoa Bechtel Kaiser Aluminum