Headquarters in USA
Best Buy website: www.bestbuy.com
More than 1,000 companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
On June 17, 2020 the Stop Hate for Profit campaign asked companies to act against hate and disinformation being spread by Facebook by temporarily pausing advertising on Facebook and Instagram. The campaign includes ADL, Color of Change, Common Sense,...
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains....
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Pour JP Morgan, Amazon ou Apple, le but de l'entreprise n'est plus seulement de servir l'actionnaire »...
- Related companies: 3M A.O. Smith Corporation Abbott Laboratories Accenture Access Industries ADP AECOM AES AFLAC AK Steel Allergan Alliant Energy Altec Amazon.com American Airlines (AMR) American Electric Power American Express American Tower Ameriprise Financial Anthem Aon Apple Aramark Assurant AT&T Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International Bayer Bechtel Best Buy BlackRock BNY Mellon Boeing BorgWarner BP Bristol-Myers Squibb C.V. Starr & Co. Carlyle Group Caterpillar CBRE Group CF Industries Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup CNH Industrial Coca-Cola Cognizant Comcast ConocoPhillips Corning Cummins CVS Day & Zimmermann Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Dow Chemical Duke Energy DXC Technology Eastman Chemical Eaton Edison International ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) FedEx FIS Flex Fluor Ford Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Freeport-McMoRan General Dynamics General Motors Goldman Sachs Guardian Life Insurance
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Author: Tim Fitzsimons, NBC News
"Over 200 major companies sign Supreme Court brief in favor of LGBTQ workers," 2 July 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Supreme Court hears oral argument for granting protection against discrimination at work to LGBTQ community
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Airbnb Alphabet Amazon.com American Airlines Apple Bank of America Bayer Best Buy Comcast Domino's Pizza Facebook General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton IBM JPMorgan Chase Macy's Marriott Morgan Stanley Nike
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: Lucie Robequain, Les Echos (France)
« Climat : les entreprises américaines entre petits calculs et actions sincères », 11 avril 2017...
Major US companies stick with climate pledges while Chamber of Commerce supports Trump's move to weaken regulations
Author: Christopher Flavelle, Industry Week (USA)
"America's largest manufacturing companies stick with climate pledge after Trump pivot", 30 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: USA: NGOs & firms reaffirm commitment to fight climate change following Trump's limitations to climate actions
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch InBev Apple Best Buy General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) IKEA Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Nestlé Procter & Gamble Walmart
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers