Bestseller website: www.bestseller.com
Myanmar: European brands linked to garment factories accused of targeting union leaders & labour abuses
Author: Kyaw Lin Htoon, Nikolaj Houmann Mortensen & Phyo Thiha Cho, Frontier, Danwatch & Myanmar Now
"Garment factories supplying EU market accused of targeting union leaders", 7 M arch 2019...
Ukraine, Serbia & Hungary: Report by Clean Clothes Campaign details poverty wages & poor working conditions in garment factories producing for global brands; incl. co responses
The report "Europe's Sweatshops" published by Clean Clothes Campaign documents poverty wages and poor working conditions in the garment and shoe industry throughout Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. The report is presented together with new country...
Woolworths Australia, GEBRA, Wünsche Group of Germany, became the latest brands to sign the Accord, which aims to make the garment industry safe and sustainable for years to come...The signatory brands have committed to making the changes garment...
- Related stories: ILO and Bangladesh Govt. launch major 3.5-year initiative to improve working conditions and safety in garment factories
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch ABIL (see African Bank Investments Limited) Aldi Nord Aldi Süd American Eagle Outfitters Arcadia Group Auchan Benetton Bestseller C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Debenhams El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Hess Corporation Horizonte (part of VDL Group) John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership KarstadtQuelle KiK Kmart (part of Sears) Leclerc Lidl Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Metro Group Mothercare Sean John Clothing Sears Switcher Target Tchibo Tesco Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing)
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 13 February 2011 Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) launched Stop the Killer Jeans! campaign, calling on leading fashion manufacturers and retailers to ban sandblasting - a technique for producing denim garments with an artificially worn look. CCC...
- Related stories: Clean Clothes Campaign calls on fashion companies to ban sandblasting - 4 companies were invited to respond
- Related in-depth areas: Clean Clothes Campaign calls on fashion companies to ban sandblasting
- Related companies: Adolfo Domínguez Associated British Foods Benetton Bestseller Burberry C&A Diesel Dolce & Gabbana Esprit Giorgio Armani Gucci (part of Kering) H&M Inditex Just Group Levi Strauss Mango Metro Group New Look Pepe Jeans PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Prada Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Replay Jeans Roberto Cavalli Street One Versace VF Corp
Author: International Textile, Garment and Leather Workers' Federation
In July 2010, after the impact of sandblasting on workers’ health had come under scrutiny in Turkey, the ITGLWF called for a ban on this process. The ban is an important step toward ensuring that no worker – in any garment factory – faces the threat...
Captured by Cotton : Exploited Dalit girls produce garments in India for European and US markets [India]
Author: SOMO (Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations) and ICN (India Committee of the Netherlands)
Big garment brands and retailers have their products made under exploitative and unhealthy conditions by girls in Tamil Nadu, South India. The girls, mostly younger than 18 and from a Dalit background are employed under the Sumangali Scheme. In its...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
April 11 marks the fifth anniversary of the collapse of the Spectrum/Shahriyar Sweater factory in Bangladesh, which killed 64 workers and injured 80...To mark the anniversary of the Spectrum collapse, the CCC, the Maquila Solidarity Network (Canada),...
[PDF] Business and Migration: Perceptions from Denmark - A Compilation of Reflections by Danish Business and Organized Industry on Various Issues Related to Migration
Author: The Hague Process on Refugees and Migration (THP)
Business plays a central role in supporting the dynamics of international labor migration and development. While employers can benefit from sound migration management, responsible business and corporate labor market insight can render a valuable...