BG Group (part of Shell)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
In February 2016, BG Group was acquired by Shell.
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
[DOC] Over 230 Companies Worldwide Have a Public Human Rights Policy Statement, On Eve of the 60th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, Realizing Rights
To mark the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have been encouraging more companies to adopt human rights policies...Currently over 230 company policy...
- Related companies: 02 (Telefonica Ltd) ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Alstom Anadolu Efes Anglo American Aramex ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BMW Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Cosmo Oil Credit Suisse Daimler Danone De Beers (part of Anglo American) Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (formerly Fuji Photo Film) Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez (now Engie) General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC ICI IKEA Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC KfW Kimberly-Clark Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPN L'Oreal Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lagardère Levi Strauss Linde Group Lloyds Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes Occidental Petroleum OMV Orano (formerly Areva) Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Petrobras Pfizer Posco Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sanofi Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas AB Group Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Jewelers Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sony Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Standard Life Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica Tesco Timberland (part of VF Corp) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Utilities Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yell Group
Author: Bretton Woods Project
A UN report says the World Bank's investment arbitration facility is at odds with the protection of human rights. The CAO [Compliance Advisor/Ombudsman] has found that the IFC violated its own standards in Kazakhstan, and a new complaint has been...
[PDF] Creating Successful, Sustainable Social Investment - Guidance document for the oil and gas industry
Author: Intl. Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA)
Social investment defined Social investment (SI) programmes are defined here as the voluntary contributions companies make to the communities and broader societies where they operate, with the objective of mutually benefiting external stakeholders,...
Author: Rory Sullivan, Insight Investment [UK]
In 2007, we initiated a project to assess how companies are managing their greenhouse gas emissions...In total, we assessed 125 companies, covering the FTSE100...and large cap European stocks…47 of the 125 companies have stabilised or reduced their...
- Related companies: 3i Alliance & Leicester Allianz Anglo American Antofagasta Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva AXA BAE Systems Barclays BBVA BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP British Airways British American Tobacco British Land British Sky Broadcasting BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carnival Centrica Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daily Mail and General Trust Daimler Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Drax E.ON EDF Enel Eni Enterprise Inns France Telecom (now Orange) Friends Provident GlaxoSmithKline Hammerson HBOS (part of Lloyds) Home Retail Group HSBC ICAP ICI Imperial Tobacco ING InterContinental Hotels International Power Invesco ITV Johnson Matthey Kazakhmys Kelda Kingfisher L'Oreal Land Securities Legal & General Investment Management Lloyds Lonmin Man Group Marks & Spencer Mitchells & Butlers Morrisons National Grid Nestlé Next Nokia Northern Rock Novartis Old Mutual Pearson Persimmon Prudential plc Reckitt Benckiser Reed Elsevier Group Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Rexam Rio Tinto Roche Rolls-Royce plc Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sage Sainsbury's Sanofi Santander Schroders Scottish and Southern Energy Severn Trent Shell Shire Siemens Smith & Nephew Smiths Group Société Générale Standard Chartered Standard Life Tate & Lyle Telefónica Tesco Total UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Unilever United Utilities Vedanta Resources Vodafone Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yell Group
Author: Observer [UK]
…In this week's Good Companies Guide, compiled with research from Co-operative Investments, we identify the best 20 firms in the FTSE 350 index, assessed on a range of social, environmental and corporate governance criteria…Best 20 firms in FTSE 350 ...
Author: Mike Scott, Financial Times
According to Goldman Sachs, more than 40 per cent of new legacy assets are in high-risk countries. These present challenges including human rights, bribery and corruption, security and the rights of indigenous people. Shell's travails with militants in...
Author: Goldman Sachs
The GS SUSTAIN focus list is aimed at long-term, long only performance, with a low turnover of ideas. It incorporates 21 identified winners from mature industries, which are set to undergo structural change or maintain a leadership position, and 23...
- Related stories: Goldman Sachs launches "GS Sustain" -- list of 44 firms it believes will outperform for environmental/social reasons
- Related companies: Actelion Amylin BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British Sky Broadcasting Centrosolar D1 Oils Danone Diageo Elan Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Ersol Solar Energy FP Corporation Genentech Genmab Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Intercell Kellogg LKQ Corporation Merck Nestlé Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Ormat Pentair PepsiCo Petrobras Posco Reed Elsevier Group Rio Tinto Roche Shanks Sinomem Solar Millenium SunPower Suntech Power Sunways Vestas Wind Systems Vivendi Voestalpine WPP
Author: Business for Social Responsibility
The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPs) Plenary adopted formal participation criteria...[that include] minimum requirements for participation; a dispute resolution process to raise concerns about the performance of a participant;...
- Related stories: Voluntary Principles on Security & Human Rights adopt formal participation criteria
- Related companies: Anglo American BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton Chevron ConocoPhillips Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Newmont Goldcorp Norsk Hydro Occidental Petroleum Rio Tinto Shell