Body Shop (part of Natura)
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Body Shop website: www.bodyshop.com
Author: Catraca Livre (Brazil)
“Marcas fortalecem ações contra violência doméstica no isolamento. País registra aumento no número de mulheres agredidas dentro de casa durante a pandemia de Covid-19”, 24 de Abril de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Surto de COVID-19 (Coronavírus) Surto de COVID-19 (Coronavírus): Resposta do governo e das empresas
- Related companies: Avon Body Shop (part of Natura)
Author: Sistema B
"Iniciativas para la resiliencia" En medio de la crisis asociada al COVID-19, en el Ecosistema B mundial emergen prácticas de interés.
B Corp movement should further integrate human rights to achieve goal of transforming capitalism, say researchers
Author: Joanne Bauer & Elizabeth Umlas, Stanford Social Innovation Review
Do Benefit Corporations Respect Human Rights? Fall 2017...
Seen in Malaysia: Body Shop job ad stating “only Chinese” wanted; company says it was an unsanctioned act by staff
Author: Malaysian Digest
'Only Chinese' Wanted For Job Vacancy Ad Spotted At Outlet, The Body Shop Malaysia Responds...
Rainforest Foundation & Ethical Consumer Magazine guide ranks companies with palm oil products based on sustainability
Author: Rainforest Foundation UK
"Palm Oil Guide," Apr 2016...
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Avon Beiersdorf Body Shop (part of Natura) Boots (now Alliance Boots) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive Ecover Estée Lauder Ferrero Green & Black's (part of Cadbury) Greggs Grupo Clarin Iceland (part of the Big Food Group) John Lewis Partnership Johnson & Johnson Kellogg L'Oreal Lavera Lotte E&C Lush Marks & Spencer Mars Mondelēz International Morrisons Nestlé PepsiCo Premier Foods Procter & Gamble PZ Cussons Reckitt Benckiser Revlon Sainsbury's SC Johnson Tesco Thorntons Unilever United Biscuits Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Weleda
Author: Christophe Koffi, AFP
…[Growing] demand among Western consumers for the fruit [of the shea tree], known as “women's gold”…is helping improve lives in some of the world's poorest communities…[Shea] butter…is used to make chocolate, as well as in products like margarine and...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The purpose of this e-bulletin is to help keep everyone working in the field of business & children's rights informed about recent key developments and forthcoming initiatives. [Includes contributions in English, French & Spanish from: UN...
- Related stories: PA Child Care lawsuits (re "kids for cash" scandal)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories adidas Aviva BHP Billiton Body Shop (part of Natura) Boliden Chevron Daewoo International (part of Posco) GM Uzbekistan (joint venture General Motors & UzAvtosanoat) Google (part of Alphabet) HSBC Indorama Kuoni L'Oreal Microsoft Posco Shurtanneftegaz Telefónica Toys R Us Trustbank
Author: Social Accountability International
SAI Training Manager Stephanie Wilson and Training Assistant Emily Crain spoke with lead trainer Edwin Koster to discuss his perspective on the trainings and implementation of the UNGP in general...[At] seminars on the UNGP [stakeholders had a] number...
Promoting and protecting the rights of children working and/or living on the street: An inclusive roundtable discussion in South East Asia [Singapore, 10-11 Dec]
Author: Aviva, Consortium for Street Children, Office of the UN High Commissioner on Human Rights
OHCHR [through a unique cross-sectoral partnership with Consortium for Street Children (CSC), Aviva and UNICEF] prepared a study on challenges, lessons learnt and best practices in a holistic, child rights and gender-based approach to protect and...
Author: Rebecca Moudio, Spy Ghana
The demand for shea butter has risen so much in recent years that African producers have started calling for fair prices for their labour…[A] global producer of edible oils, told The New York Times that “shea [butter] is an important source of revenue...