Boston Common Asset Mgmt.
Headquarters in USA
Investors representing $1.3 trillion call on govts to make human rights due diligence mandatory throughout investment lifecycle
On 25 March 2019, the Investor Alliance for Human Rights (IAHR) on behalf of a group of investors representing $1.3 trillion in assets called for enhanced investor due diligence to address environmental, social and governance risks, including human...
Boston Common Asset Management & investor coalition call on world's largest banks to release more robust climate-related disclosure
Author: Lauren Compere, Huffington Post
"Making climate change banks' business", 19 September 2017...
USA: 100 investors express continued support for conflict minerals due diligence requirement under Dodd Frank Act
Author: Boston Common Asset Management, Interfath Centre for Corporate Responsibility, Mercy Investment Services, Responsible Sourcing Network, Trillium Asset Management, US SIF & other investors
As investors and investor groups with over $3.75 trillion in assets under management, we are writing to express our continued support for Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the U.S. Securities and Exchange...
- Related stories: USA: Investors call for respect for human rights by DAPL pipeline & due diligence on conflict minerals
- Related companies: Boston Common Asset Mgmt.
USA: 130 investors call on banks financing DAPL pipeline to address Sioux tribe's rights citing reputational & financial risks
Author: Boston Common Asset Management & 129 investors
"Investors Urge Banks to Support Re-routing Dakota Access Pipeline, Protect Water", 17 Feb 2017...
USA: 600+ investors & companies call on Trump administration to take action on climate change & low-carbon economy
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor (UK)
“Top US investors and companies unite to promote low carbon future ahead of Trump inauguration”, 10 January 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Mitigation Responsible public policy Technology and human rights - advances by business USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: adidas Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Allianz Boston Common Asset Mgmt. DuPont Gap General Mills Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Johnson & Johnson Kellogg Levi Strauss Mars Mercy Investment Services Mondelēz International Monsanto (part of Bayer) Nike PG&E Staples Starbucks Unilever
Author: ClickGreen (UK)
“Leading investors call on FTSE100 companies to quit climate lobbying groups”, 2 Sept 2015...
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
¨Group of Investors Urge European Union to Adopt Stronger Conflict Minerals Legislation¨, 21 Oct 2014...
- Related stories: NGOs call on EU to strengthen proposed conflict minerals regulation
- Related in-depth areas: Proposed EU regulation on conflict minerals: commentaries & media coverage
- Related companies: ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Aviva Boston Common Asset Mgmt. SNS Reaal Trillium Corporation Triodos Bank
[PDF] [Cotton Campaign letter to Secretary of State John Kerry on 2013 Global Trafficking in Persons Report]
Author: Cotton Campaign
While many governments fail to effectively curb human trafficking, the Uzbek government organizes, orchestrates and benefits from forced labor on a massive scale. The State Department’s decision to downgrade Uzbekistan to Tier 3 is well-justified and...