B&Q (part of Kingfisher)
UK: Investigation finds firms split over whether to pay new "national living wage" to workers under 25
Author: Simon Neville, Independent (UK)
Firms will only have to pay the “national living wage” to staff aged 25 or over when it starts in April. Under half of top retailers have so far promised to pay all staff the same rate for the same work, regardless of age. Simon Neville reports on the...
- Related companies: Aldi Süd Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods B&Q (part of Kingfisher) BHS Debenhams H&M Inditex John Lewis Partnership Kingfisher Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) Lidl Marks & Spencer New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sainsbury's Sports Direct Tesco Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Andrew Simms, New Economics Foundation, on Guardian (UK)
"Business and climate: the hype and the reality", 17 June 2015...
Author: Liza Ramrayka, Guardian Sustainable Business (UK)
Children and young people are key stakeholders in business and can offer unique insights. But finding the balance between participation and protection is vital...Emma Rea...founder of [a] brand and innovation consultancy...believes there is a strong...
- Related stories: Guardian & UNICEF "Giving Children a Voice in Business" week features editorials, media, youth essays, live discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Kingfisher Lego
Author: Sarah Murray, Financial Times
When it comes to water consumption, Unilever is looking beyond its own use, to that of the people who buy its products. Working with a non-governmental organisation in [India],...[Unilever] calculated that a laundry product it had formulated could –...
Author: Ian Black, Guardian [UK]
Britain has acted to increase pressure on Israel over its West Bank settlements by advising UK supermarkets on how to distinguish between foods from the settlements and Palestinian-manufactured goods…[T]he new, voluntary guidance issued by the...
Author: Corporate Leaders Group on Climate Change, University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership
- Related stories: "Copenhagen Communiqué": Statement on climate change signed by over 700 companies
- Related companies: ABN Amro Absa Acciona Accor adidas AEON Air France KLM Akzo Nobel Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allianz Alstom American Electric Power Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Arcor Arup Asia Pacific Resources ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Aspen Skiing Company Atlantia Aviva AXA B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Balfour Beatty Bancaja Banco Galicia Santander Wood (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler)
Author: Rosey Hurst, Dr Martin Buttle, Michelle Lehrer, Jonathan Sandars, Impactt
The results of Impactt’s assessments of 98 production sites during the year to August 2008 show that the risk posed by labour standards issues remains very real...Almost half of the sites we visited around the world were failing to pay the locally...