Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone)
Bridgestone-Firestone website: www.firestone.com
“I want to see a world without deliberate and unnecessary exploitation by multinational companies”, says lawyer Terry Collingsworth
Author: Joe Sandler Clarke, Guardian (UK)
"Terry Collingsworth: the globe-trotting human rights lawyer taking on Nestlé and ExxonMobil", 2 Sep 2015...
Author: Office of Accountability, Overseas Private Investment Corp. (USA)
"OA Review: Buchanan Renewable Energy Projects in Liberia", September 2014...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for class action lawsuit filed in US federal court against Firestone over alleged forced labour and child labour at Firestone rubber plantation in Liberia.]
Corporate liability for violating international law under The Alien Tort Statute: The corporation through the lens of globalization and privatization
Author: Joel Slawotsky, in International Review of Law
The article addresses the question of whether the changing roles of “public actor” states and “private actor” corporations should impact the legal liability of corporations in international law…The objection to corporate liability under the ATS [Alien...
- Related stories: ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) ExxonMobil Rio Tinto Shell
[PDF] Corporate Liability in a New Setting: Shell & the Changing Legal Landscape for the Multinational Oil Industry in the Niger Delta
Author: Essex Business and Human Rights Project, Univ. of Essex [UK]
The purpose of this report is to analyse the law that is relevant to decisions about the management of the international oil companies that are operating in the Niger Delta. The focus is on the Shell Group, the largest company operating in the area,...
- Related stories: Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) Report: "Corporate Liability in a New Setting: Shell & the Changing Legal Landscape for the Multinational Oil Industry in the Niger Delta" Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) ConocoPhillips Eni Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell Total Trafigura Beheer
Author: Green Advocates & SOMO
Buchanan Renewables...While the company actively promoted its business model of producing biomass from old unproductive rubber trees as a sustainable one, it also received criticism due to the fact that smallholder rubber farmers were not benefitting...
Author: Kira Kay, PBS Newshour
Transcript:Liberia...is rich in oil, diamonds, timber, and much more. That's been both a blessing and a challenge for the fledgling democracy...Liberia was a major iron ore exporter back in the 1970s, but the industry collapsed during a succession of...