Headquarters in Japan
Bridgestone website: www.bridgestone.com
Company Policies for EEO [Equal Employment Opportunities] in Chemicals and Chemical Products Manufacturing
Author: International Labour Organization
[Bridgestone Australia, DuPont, Glaxo Wellcome, Helene Curtis, Merck, Zeneca]
Author: David R. Francis, Christian Science Monitor
Strife-filled labor relations tend to damage product quality. The deterioration is sometimes so serious that "it would be useful [for consumers] to have products stamped, 'Made during a strike,'" says Princeton University economist Alan Krueger...As...
El líder oficialista en el Senado brasileño, Aloizio Mercadante, del Partido de los Trabajadores...consideró que las empresas que habrían colaborado con la represión del régimen militar (1964-85) deben asumir su responsabilidad e indemnizar a las...
[PDF] full report: "Influencing Power - Reviewing the conduct and content of corporate lobbying" (free registration required)
Author: SustainAbility & WWF
[Companies with "systematic" approach: BASF, BP, Chevron, Dow, Ford, General Motors, GlaxoSmithKline, Hewlett-Packard. Companies with "developing" approach: Altria, AstraZeneca, Diageo, Microsoft, Pfizer, Philips, Shell, Swiss Re, Time Warner, Total....
- Related stories: WWF, SustainAbility report on extent to which lobbying activities of S&P Global 100 companies are consistent with their social & environmental commitments
- Related companies: 3M ABN Amro Aegon AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Allianz Altria Assicurazioni Generali AstraZeneca AT&T AXA Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb Canon Carrefour Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EMC Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fortis France Telecom (now Orange) Fuji Photo Film General Electric General Motors Gillette (part of Procter & Gamble) GlaxoSmithKline Hitachi Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IBM ING Intel Ito-Yokado Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Matsushita (now Panasonic) McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Morgan Stanley Nestlé News Corporation Nissan Nokia Nortel Networks Novartis PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble Repsol YPF Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Sanofi-Aventis Santander Shell Siemens Sony Suez Swiss Re Telefónica Texas Instruments Time Warner Toshiba Total Toyota Tyco UBS Unilever United Technologies Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Walmart
Author: Reuters South Africa
The International Labor Rights Fund [ILRF] on Thursday filed a federal lawsuit in the United States alleging workers at Bridgestone Corp.'s Firestone rubber plantation in Liberia toil in virtual slavery. Firestone...relies on a poverty stricken and...
- Related stories: Bridgestone uses forced labour, exposes workers to pesticides on Liberian rubber plantation, according to US human rights lawsuit - firm denies allegations Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia)
- Related companies: Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Walmart
Author: The Analyst [Liberia]
The International Labor Rights Fund...filed a federal lawsuit in the US state of California, alleging workers at Bridgestone's Firestone rubber plantation in Liberia toil in virtual slavery...Dan Adomitis, the head of Firestone Natural Rubber Company....
Author: Katharine Houreld, Reuters
The International Labor Rights Fund, a non-profit group promoting fair working practices, filed a lawsuit against Firestone [Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Firestone)] in California this month alleging that poor conditions and pay on the plantation...
- Related stories: Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) Firestone sends memorandum to employees banning use of child labour - company faces a lawsuit in USA over alleged child labour in Liberia
- Related companies: Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone)
Author: The Analyst [Liberia]
The issue of child labor and modern day slavery are two key issues allegedly practiced by the Management of the Firestone Plantations Company (FPCO) [part of Bridgestone] for which several humanitarian organizations, including the International Labor...