Headquarters in Japan
Bridgestone website: www.bridgestone.com
Author: Ross Kerber, Reuters
...DuPont Co...and United Parcel Service...(UPS)...were among eight companies removed from a social investment index series [FTSE4Good] because of concerns about human rights, climate change and similar matters,...FTSE Group said...The most prominent...
[PDF] Think globally, sue locally: Out-of-court tactics employed by plaintiffs, their lawyers, and their advocates in transnational tort cases
Author: Jonathan Drimmer, Steptoe & Johnson, released by U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Legal Reform
Over the past 15 years, there has been a sharp rise in lawsuits brought against United States companies, as well as foreign companies with a substantial U.S. presence, that are premised on alleged personal or environmental injuries that occur overseas....
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) Nike lawsuit (Kasky v Nike, re denial of labour abuses) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Report commissioned by US Chamber of Commerce on lawsuits against US firms for alleged abuses overseas - accuses lawyers, plaintiffs, advocates of unethical tactics Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: AirScan Archer Daniels Midland Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Brylane (formerly part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute now Kering) Cargill Chevron Chiquita Coca-Cola Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Del Monte Foods Dole Dow Chemical Drummond ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Gap Gulf Oil Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Levi Strauss Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Mobil Oil (part of ExxonMobil) Nestlé Occidental Petroleum Petroecuador Pfizer Rio Tinto Shell Target Texaco (part of Chevron) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
[PDF] Stakeholder Submission on United States Obligations to Respect, Protect and Remedy Human Rights in the Context of Business Activities
Author: Center for Constitutional Rights, EarthRights International, Western Shoshone Defense Project, ESCR-Net
This joint stakeholder submission analyzes the United States’ record in discharging its obligations to respect, protect and remedy in the context of human rights abuses involving business enterprises acting abroad and on or near indigenous lands in...
- Related stories: Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) EarthRights Intl. submits two reports to UN: coalition report on US corporate accountability & EarthRights Intl. report on human rights litigation Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Blackwater Bridgestone Caterpillar Chevron Chiquita KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Pfizer Titan (now L-3 Titan) Unocal (part of Chevron) Xe (formerly Blackwater)
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Following the massive earthquake that struck Haiti on 12 January 2010, companies announced the following contributions to humanitarian relief: [refers to donations by over 300 companies]
- Related stories: Haiti: US companies including Coca Cola, Wal-Mart, Procter & Gamble, UPS, General Motors pledge humanitarian aid to earthquake victims
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices Ahold Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allstate Alticor Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Amway (part of Alticor) Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Avon Bank of America Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Baxter International Bayer BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bertelsmann Best Buy BNY Mellon Booz Allen Hamilton BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Cablevision Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Cargill Carnival Caterpillar Chiquita Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Citigroup Coca-Cola Comcast ConAgra Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Cummins CVS Daimler Darden Restaurants Delhaize Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Digicel Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON Eaton eBay Ecolab Eli Lilly Emcor Group EnCana Entergy Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx Fifth Third Bank Fiji Water (part of Roll International) First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors Gerdau GlaxoSmithKline Go Daddy Goldman Sachs Goodrich Google Grand Circle Travel Green Mountain Coffee Hanesbrands Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Heinz Hess Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Intel International Paper Irving Oil ITT Industries Jean Coutu Group John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Loews Lowe's LVMH Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Mattel McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola National Bank of Canada National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nestlé New York Life News Corporation Nissan Northrop Grumman NRG Energy NYSE Euronext Office Depot Oshkosh B'Gosh Panasonic Parsons Pentair PepsiCo Pfizer Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Publix RadioShack Random House Reynolds American Rite Aid Roll International Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Royal Caribbean Cruises Safeway (USA) Salesforce.com SanDisk Scotiabank Sempra Energy Shell Siemens Smith & Nephew Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Symantec Target Tenet Healthcare Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Tyson UBS Unilever Union Pacific United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Verizon Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market YUM!
Author: Compilado por el Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos (CIEDH)
Después del terremoto que devasto Haití el pasado 12 de enero del 2010, algunas empresas anunciaron contribuciones a la ayuda humanitaria, incluyendo a: [La Caixa, Metro de Madrid, Yoigo, Caixa Galicia, Telefónica, Royal Caribbean, Iberdrola, Caja...
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal Banacol Bancolombia BBVA Bridgestone Caja Castilla-La Mancha (CCM) (now Banco Castilla-La Mancha) Caja Inmaculada Caja Mediterráneo (CAM) Caja Navarra Cementos Argos EPM (Empresas Públicas de Medellín) Ericsson Eroski Iberdrola Iberia LATAM (former Lan Airlines) Real Madrid Royal Caribbean Cruises Sanofi Telefónica Telmex
Author: Jonathan Paye-Layleh, BBC
An investigation by the government in Liberia has concluded that the Firestone Rubber Plantation Company has polluted local water sources...The report called on Firestone to improve its waste treatment facility. Firestone said it believed it fully...
[PDF] "Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index 2010:A report card on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality in Corporate America."
Author: Human Rights Campaign
305 businesses achieved the top rating of 100 percent this year, compared with 260 businesses in the previous year. This accounts for 58 businesses that reached 100 percent for the first time and 13 no longer on the list, for a net increase of 45...
- Related stories: USA: Report finds number of companies with top ratings for lesbian & gay policies increased 20% despite recession
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Affiliated Computer Services Agilent Technologies Ahold Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allianz Allstate Alston & Bird Amazon.com AMC Networks Ameren American Airlines American Express Ameriprise Financial Amgen Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev Aon Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Avis Budget Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T Best Buy Bingham McCutchen Blue Cross Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cardinal Cargill Carlson Caterpillar Cerner Charles Schwab Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clifford Chance Clorox CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cracker Barrel (part of CBRL Group) Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Rent-A-Car Exelon Expedia EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson FedEx Fifth Third Bank Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Hallmark Cards Hanover Insurance Harrah's Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Marsh (part of Marsh & McLennan) MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McGraw Hill Financial (formerly McGraw Hill Companies) McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northrop Grumman Novartis Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pearson Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sanofi Sara Lee SC Johnson Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Supervalu T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toys R Us UBS Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Business Media United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Airways US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Virgin America Visa Inc. Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM! Zurich