Headquarters in Japan
Bridgestone website: www.bridgestone.com
Author: inforegion.com [Argentina]
La Secretaría de Ambiente y Desarrollo Sustentable de la Nación clausuró en la última semana dos de las empresas más importantes de la región: Bridgestone Firestone de Argentina...y el establecimiento Danone...ya que las habilitaciones de dichos...
Bridgestone – Firestone Argentina: Closed Preventively for Failure to Comply with Environmental and Safety Regulations
Author: Center for Human Rights & Environment (CEDHA)
Bridgestone Firestone Argentina...was forced to close its doors yesterday by order of the federal environment authority (the SAYDS), a preventive measure for failing to comply with environmental regulations, including the expiration of necessary...
Author: Bill Baue, SocialFunds
The first-ever corporate ATCA verdict of not guilty does not diminish the ongoing liabilities companies face in US courts for human rights violations committed overseas. Late last month, a federal jury delivered the verdict in the first corporate...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Chevron Chiquita Coca-Cola Drummond ExxonMobil Shell Walmart
Author: Pui-Wing Tam, Wall-Street Journal
For the first time, a trial is scheduled to open in U.S. federal court this week over whether a U.S. company is accountable for alleged human-rights transgressions committed overseas. The case, in Birmingham, Ala., involves mining company Drummond Co....
Author: Pui-Wing Tam, Wal Street Journal
El 9 de julio comenzará un juicio en un tribunal federal estadounidense —el primero de la historia—, en el que se decidirá si una empresa estadounidense es responsable por las violaciones a los derechos humanos cometidas en otro país. El caso, que irá...
- Related stories: Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra la empresa Drummond USA: Lawsuit against Drummond for alleged involvement in killings of Colombia unionists goes to trial in federal court
- Related companies: Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Drummond ExxonMobil Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Partnership Africa Canada & Association of Environmental Lawyers of Liberia (Green Advocates)
The inequalities and lack of development inherent in the old systems [of natural resource exploitation] were in no small measure responsible for Liberia’s decade and more of instability and war...[M]ore thoroughgoing reform of the resource sector will...
- Related stories: Liberia: Report says exploitation of timber, rubber & minerals must be re-organised to benefit local population
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal)
A US rubber firm has told the BBC it denies allegations that it is polluting a river by its plant in Liberia. Residents near the plantation, 50km south-east of the capital, say they can no longer use the Farmington River because of waste dumped by...
Author: Firestone Natural Rubber [part of Bridgestone]