Headquarters in Japan
Bridgestone website: www.bridgestone.com
Author: Europa Press
El Comité Intercentros de CCOO en Bridgestone-Firestone [parte de Bridgestone] criticó la "nula voluntad" de la empresa fabricante de neumáticos de acabar con la "discriminación" que, según denunció, sufren las mujeres en la empresa...El sindicato...
[DOC] Legal Issues in the Mineral Development Agreement Between the Government of the Republic of Liberia and Mittal Steel Holdings
Author: Columbia Law School Human Rights Clinic [USA]
Contracts between sovereign states and private corporations (“Host Government Agreements” or “HGA”)...may...pose particular problems for democratic accountability and human rights... HGAs should not curb a government’s ability to exercise legitimate...
- Related stories: Liberia: Global Witness says Govt's US$900 million deal with Mittal Steel constrains regulation & enforcement on human rights & environmental issues, inadequately limits firm's security force
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) Rio Tinto
Author: UN Integrated Regional Information Networks (IRIN)
Angry workers have downed tools at Liberia's largest rubber plantation, owned by Bridgestone/Firestone [part of Bridgestone], saying that wages are so low that children as young as seven years old are being forced to help their parents meet production...
Author: Ariane Chemin, Le Monde
Dix mille personnes travailleraient ainsi indirectement pour Firestone [partie de Bridgestone], selon Robert Nyahn, grandi dans la "Division 6" de la plantation. Parmi elles figurent des enfants, assure sa petite ONG libérienne, Save My Future...
Author: Mensiegar Karnga, Jr., The Analyst [Liberia]
Three (3) human rights groups have threatened legal action against the American-owned Firestone Rubber Plantation Company [part of Bridgestone] for alleged human rights violations and gross abuses of Labor Law on the plantation in Harbel, Margibi...
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
Last month, the International Labor Rights Fund (ILRF) filed an Alien Tort Claims Act (ATCA) case in US District Court in California against Bridgestone alleging "forced labor, the modern equivalent of slavery" on the Firestone Plantation in Harbel,...
- Related stories: Firestone lawsuit (re Liberia) Human rights lawsuit in US against Bridgestone-Firestone alleges forced & child labour on Liberia plantation (SocialFunds.com article) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Alleged abuses Case examples
- Related companies: Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Chevron Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart
Author: The Analyst [Liberia]
The issue of child labor and modern day slavery are two key issues allegedly practiced by the Management of the Firestone Plantations Company (FPCO) [part of Bridgestone] for which several humanitarian organizations, including the International Labor...