British Sky Broadcasting
British Sky Broadcasting website: www.sky.com
Author: Sustainable Brands
"200 CEOs Call on New EU Leaders for Sustainable Europe by 2030", 23 July 2019...
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Analysis shows only a hanfdul of company statements are meeting the Act’s requirements, majority lack adequate information
Author: Rory Cellan-Jones, BBC
Facebook is in urgent talks to try to appease two of Britain's major advertisers after they suspended all or part of their spending with the site. Marks and Spencer and BSkyB told Facebook they had serious concerns about their advertising appearing...
- Related stories: New Facebook policy removes ads from pages containing violence or sexual content
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: British Sky Broadcasting Facebook Marks & Spencer
Author: Matthew Gitsham, Ashridge Centre for Business and Sustainability in Harvard Business Review [USA]
In November 2010…Chief executive Paul Polman [of Unilever]…articulated a new strategy…doubling the proportion of Unilever's portfolio that meets the highest nutritional standards, and halving the water associated with...consumer use...It is indicative...
Author: John Prescott, former Deputy Prime Minister in Guardian [UK]
New legislation [in the Legal aid bill] would stop people taking on big corporations...the second part of the bill, which is nothing less than a cack-handed attempt to change the legal system to benefit large corporations when they are being sued......
- Related stories: Trafigura lawsuits (re Côte d’Ivoire) UK: Legal aid bill is "cack-handed attempt to change the legal system to benefit large corporations when they are being sued" says former Deputy Prime Minister
- Related companies: British Sky Broadcasting Daily Mail and General Trust Guardian Media Trafigura Beheer
Author: Brendan May, Ethical Corporation
To be effective, transparent and credible, a possible blueprint a big NGO might consider to govern its corporate relationships could be as follows...Any engagement on a product or issue must be part of a bigger process of systemic change across the...
Author: Daniel Gross, Yahoo! Finance [USA]
The phone-hacking scandal has done great damage to the stock of News Corp…But the biggest harm may have been to…the company's social license…in addition to a formal government license, companies also need an informal 'social license.'…Companies that...
Author: Salil Tripathi, Institute for Human Rights and Business
Disclosures concerning actions taken by…News of the World…have caused many to call for a fundamental reordering of the media industry. News Corp has become the…target for the outrage…News Corp’s shareholders have launched legal action against the...