Headquarters in USA
Author: Kristofer Rios, Boston Globe
Stop & Shop Supermarket Cos. is the focus of an effort by [Coalition of Immokalee Workers]...who have successfully pressured other food giants to pay more for tomatoes and agree to help improve working conditions...The farm workers are now touring...
Author: Amy Bennett, newspress.com [USA]
After years of bitterness and a public struggle, the Coalition of Immokalee Workers and the Florida Tomato Growers Exchange have forged an unprecedented pact to change the nature of the state’s $619 million tomato industry — an industry dogged for...
Author: Amy Bennett Williams, news-press.com
Florida's largest tomato grower [Six L's] has joined the Coalition of Immokalee Workers' Campaign for Fair Food, pledging to improve working conditions in their fields and pass on a penny-per-pound raise...The pact calls for a cooperative complaint...
Author: Amy Bennett-Williams, Fort Myers News-Press [USA]
After years of impasse, one of the nation's largest tomato growers has made peace with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers...Pacific Tomato Growers [part of Sunripe Produce] pledged to improve its working conditions and pay harvesters a penny more per...
- Related stories: USA: Pacific Tomato Growers, one of largest in US, agrees with Immokalee workers on worker safety protections, wages
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: Aramark Burger King Compass Group McDonald's Publix Six L's Packing Sodexo Sunripe Produce Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Whole Foods Market YUM!
The Roundtable On Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), a body the sets standards for eco-friendly palm oil production, on Thursday said Indonesian palm oil producer Sinar Mas Agro Resources and Technology (SMART) breached its sustainability criteria and faces...
- Related stories: Indonesia: Palm oil sustainability body says Sinar Mas unit SMART faces expulsion after Greenpeace found evidence of violations of body's social, environmental criteria Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA)
- Related companies: Abengoa Burger King Cargill General Mills Golden Agri-Resources Kraft Foods Nestlé Sinar Mas Group SMART (PT Sinar Mas Agro Resources and Technology Tbk) Unilever YUM!
Author: Jeremy Hance, Mongabay.com
...General Mills pledges to source only sustainable palm oil by 2015...Outspoken critic of General Mills, the Rainforest Action Network (RAN), welcomed the decision...[and said] it will now focus on...Cargill, to press them to adopt similar goals as...
Author: Tamara Lush, Associated Press
After persuading McDonald's, Whole Foods and Subway that they should pay an extra penny per pound for tomatoes, a farmworkers group is taking on supermarket giant Publix. The Coalition of Immokalee Workers will kick off a three-day march Friday to try...
Author: Amy Bennett Williams, Fort Myers News-Press [USA]
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers [CIW] has scored another victory... Food service giant Aramark agreed to pay extra for Florida tomatoes produced under a strict code of conduct... The odd man out in the food-service industry is Sodexo, the only one...
- Related stories: USA: Aramark agrees with Immokalee workers on pay & working conditions code for tomato pickers - Sodexo has refused but says it is in talks with worker group
- Related companies: Aramark Burger King Compass Group East Coast Growers & Packers McDonald's Publix Six L's Packing Sodexo Subway Sunripe Produce Whole Foods Market YUM!
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Following the massive earthquake that struck Haiti on 12 January 2010, companies announced the following contributions to humanitarian relief: [refers to donations by over 300 companies]
- Related stories: Haiti: US companies including Coca Cola, Wal-Mart, Procter & Gamble, UPS, General Motors pledge humanitarian aid to earthquake victims
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices Ahold Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allstate Alticor Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Amway (part of Alticor) Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Avon Bank of America Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Baxter International Bayer BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bertelsmann Best Buy BNY Mellon Booz Allen Hamilton BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Cablevision Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Cargill Carnival Caterpillar Chiquita Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Citigroup Coca-Cola Comcast ConAgra Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Cummins CVS Daimler Darden Restaurants Delhaize Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Digicel Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON Eaton eBay Ecolab Eli Lilly Emcor Group EnCana Entergy Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx Fifth Third Bank Fiji Water (part of Roll International) First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors Gerdau GlaxoSmithKline Go Daddy Goldman Sachs Goodrich Google Grand Circle Travel Green Mountain Coffee Hanesbrands Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Heinz Hess Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Intel International Paper Irving Oil ITT Industries Jean Coutu Group John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Loews Lowe's LVMH Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Mattel McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola National Bank of Canada National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nestlé New York Life News Corporation Nissan Northrop Grumman NRG Energy NYSE Euronext Office Depot Oshkosh B'Gosh Panasonic Parsons Pentair PepsiCo Pfizer Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Publix RadioShack Random House Reynolds American Rite Aid Roll International Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Royal Caribbean Cruises Safeway (USA) Salesforce.com SanDisk Scotiabank Sempra Energy Shell Siemens Smith & Nephew Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Symantec Target Tenet Healthcare Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Tyson UBS Unilever Union Pacific United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Verizon Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market YUM!