Business and Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)
Headquarters in Belgium
Author: Hannah Abdulla, Just Style
Supply chain mapping pinpoints child labour links in Turkey, 9 Aug 2017...
Policy paper outlines mechanisms to improve quality & accountability in textile industry auditing processes
Author: Carolijn Terwindt & Miriam Saage-Maass, European Center for Constitutional & Human Rights; Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
„Liability of Social Auditors in the Textile Industry”, December 2016...
Trade Union Advisory Committee to the OECD advice on role of OECD & National Contact Points for compensating victims of Rana Plaza building collapse
Author: I. Zeldenrust J. Wilde Ramsing Drew, K, Trade Union Advisory Committee to the OECD and OECD Watch
"Compensating the Victims of Rana Plaza - What Role for the OECD and the National Contact Points?" June 2014...
- Related stories: EU countries call for increased compensation for victims of Rana Plaza building collapse
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013
- Related companies: Auchan Benetton Business and Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Children's Place El Corte Inglés Inditex KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PWT
Response by Business and Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI): Institute for Global Labour & Human Rights calls on major fashion brands to stop beatings & imprisonment of workers in supply chain.
- Related in-depth areas: Institute for Global Labour & Human Rights report re alleged abuses at supplier factories in Bangladesh
- This is a response from the following companies: Business and Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)