This piece of content is part of multiple stories. We recommend you read this content in the context of one of the following stories:
Business coalition encourages govts. to implement Nationally Determined Contributions
Author: We Mean Business, Published on: 4 November 2016
"Realizing the ambition of the Paris Agreement," 4 Nov 2016
…The Paris Agreement on climate change is unprecedented in its scope, will define the global economy of the 21st century, and has immediate impact on businesses and investors around the world. The agreement has entered into force with unprecedented speed…The private sector is ready to be a partner in ambition with governments across the globe. At COP22 we need to move from adoption of the Paris Agreement to its speedy implementation.
We look to governments to:
- Scale up enabling policies through the Global Climate Action Agenda and the Technical Examination Processes
- Fully implement NDCs through domestic legislation and regulation
- Drive towards net zero emissions by communicating long-term low GHG development strategies
- Connect non-state action to an increase in ambition with every five-year NDC cycle, starting in 2018
- Mobilize climate finance at scale from public and private sources
- Enact meaningful pricing of carbon
- Build climate-resilient economies and communities...