Business Development Manager at Forster Communications
The social change agenda has moved from niche to mainstream. We’ve got big ambitions to help clients accelerate social change and now seek the services of a talented new business manager to help us get there. This is a new, fully-rounded business development role covering both new business and marketing activities. You’ll have a degree of autonomy and will be encouraged to drive the agreed new business plan within the agency. There’s excellent heritage to leverage and internal support resources are available from our client service and specialist teams.
The creation and implementation of a structured lead generation programme will be your primary task, along with general marketing and awareness-raising activities. You will be responsible for generating new leads, conducting outreach initiatives and campaigns, raising our profile and relevance with target clients and maintaining ongoing dialogue with prospects – directly or via media relations and social outreach.
- Playing a key role in helping to set the strategy, methodology and measurement targets for a planned and focused programme of new business
- Helping package and present the agency to the outside world (prospects, intermediaries, journalists, peers, the wider industry)
- Identifying opportunities for Forster’s key areas of business development
- Identifying sales leads, pitching services to prospects and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts
- Researching prospects in pre-defined sectors, the creation and implementation of a robust business development process and building and cultivating prospect relationships through initiating conversations and follow-up calls
- Developing relevant and inspirational content, collateral and credentials to ensure we are on the consideration list
- Leading agency response to credential and PQQ/ITT requests prospects
- Overseeing the development of marketing collateral, including website, brochures, case studies, IP
- Managing and implementing our social media presence – specifically Twitter and LinkedIn
- Delivery of PR news releases and comments from key members of the agency against PR plan
- Organisation of ‘special projects’ against the PR plan, including bespoke agency prospecting events and thought-leadership white papers
- Blog writing, commissioning and placement
- Building, managing and nurturing the company databases
- Managing the marketing budget
In addition to a 3-4 year track record of successful business development with an agency (branding, marketing, PR or reputation management), you must be able to demonstrate core skills in researching your target audience, social marketing and networking as well as being versed in client-facing scenarios.
A confident, collaborative, high octane person, you understand that new business requires strong lateral thinking. Specifically we’d like to see evidence of finding, nurturing and securing new business leads, understanding the changing nature of PR and being able to take a brief and run with it.
Forster Communications is a founding UK B-Corp and was named PR Week’s Best Place to Work in 2015. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. We value and encourage diversity and difference, and believe we are a stronger company as a result.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] if you would like to be considered.
Closing date: Rolling applications