U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Related stories and components
Author: Kimberley R. Anderson, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
On May 30, 2013, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued its long anticipated guidance on the conflict minerals rules...The FAQs provide significant relief for certain kinds of manufacturers, particularly those in the food industry.....
- Related stories: US Security & Exchange Commission issues guidance clarifying conflict minerals rules
- Related in-depth areas: Democratic Republic of Congo Implementation of US Dodd-Frank Act rule on conflict minerals: Commentaries, guidance, company actions Latest news on conflict & peace Supply chain
Author: Boston Common Asset Management
Investors representing $458.67 billion of assets under management released a statement...expressing their support for the "Conflict Minerals" final rule, Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act...The statement...
Author: Tom Brewster, TechWeekEurope (UK)
The UK’s data protection watchdog has yet again raised concerns over controversial privacy laws drawn up in Brussels...The ICO is particularly worried about “guesswork” guiding the proposals, which include provisions to fine companies two percent of...
- Related stories: US & European companies concerned about effects & costs of proposed EU data protection law
- Related companies: Amazon.com eBay
Author: Nate Raymond, Reuters
Goldman Sachs…won a U.S. court order allowing it to send a former employee's gender discrimination claim to arbitration, rather than being forced to defend against her claims in a class action lawsuit…[T]he 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York...
Author: Stella Dawson, Trustlaw [UK]
The board of the Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative [EITI] has raised the global standard for countries to disclose in greater detail the revenues they receive from natural resource wealth. The decision…is designed to improve community access...
- Related companies: Equinor (formerly Statoil)
Author: Steven Greenhouse, New York Times
As Facebook and Twitter become...central to workplace conversation...federal regulators are ordering employers to scale back policies that limit what workers can say online...Don’t discuss company matters publicly, a typical social media policy will...
[PDF] Ramping Up Conflict Minerals Rule Compliance — A Near-Term Checklist for Public and Private Companies
Author: Michael R. Littenberg & Farzad F. Damania, Schulte Roth & Zabel
The SEC’s Conflict Minerals Rule...requires public companies to conduct supply chain diligence and make disclosures concerning specified minerals...Companies in the earlier stages of Conflict Minerals Rule compliance...should consider the following...
Company responses re lawsuit against SEC over final rule accompanying section 1502 of Dodd-Frank Act
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 22 August 2012 the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued the final rule accompanying Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act...The rule requires companies using gold, tin, tungsten and tantalum to make efforts to determine if those materials...
- Related in-depth areas: Company responses re lawsuit against SEC over final rule accompanying section 1502 of Dodd-Frank Act
- Related companies: Acer Advanced Micro Devices AT&T Boeing Deere & Co (see John Deere) Dell Ford General Electric Honda Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Kemet Kennametal Microsoft Motorola Solutions Northrop Grumman Panasonic Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Rockwell Automation Rockwell Collins Thermo Fisher Scientific Xerox
Oil Company Lawsuit Against US Securities and Exchange Commission Threatens Global Transparency Initiative
Author: Publish What You Pay USA
[W]e are extremely disappointed that the American Petroleum Institute...along with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and others, has filed a lawsuit against the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, seeking to overturn oil and mineral payment...