International Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM)
Related stories and components
Author: Nicolas Berman, Jeune Afrique
"Le rôle des multinationales dans les violences en Afrique", 10 mai 2019...
- Related companies: Apple
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Unilever
International Council on Mining & Metals on Brumadinho dam failure & supports members' decisive action to enhance safety
Author: International Council on Mining & Metals (UK)
"Statement on Brumadinho dam failure", 01 Feb 2019...
- Related stories: After Brumadinho, Vale should be de-listed from the UN Global Compact, say civil society groups Brasil: Novo mar de lama com rompimento de barragens de minérios da Vale mata dezenas e deixa centenas de pessoas desaparecidas, comunidades e meio ambiente destruídos, inclui comentários da Vale Brasil: Tragedia por ruptura de dique de relaves de Vale deja decenas de muertos y cientos de desaparecidos Show moreShow less
…As a member of the International Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM) and the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), we are committed to respecting human rights as set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the United Nations Guiding...
- Related stories: Mexico: Goldcorp accused of supposed threats against those who protest or oppose their operations; company responds
- This is a response from the following companies: Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp)
Author: Asociación Ambiente y Sociedad, DAR y 17 organizaciones más
“Informe regional de transparencia y acceso a la Información” - 18 de enero de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Recursos Naturales Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Aura Minerals B2Gold Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Corporación Multi Inversiones (CMI) Lundin Mining Petroperú Renace (part of Corporación Multi Inversiones (CMI)) Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Vale
Int'l. Council on Mining & Metals underlines importance of business respect for human rights & calls for open civic space
Author: Nicky Black, Int'l. Council on Mining & Metals (UK)
"Putting respect for human rights at the heart of mining", 10 Dec 2018...
Intl. Council on Mining & Metals announces new membership requirements, committing members to implement UNGPs
Author: International Council on Mining & Metals
"ICMM is first industry body to commit to UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights as a condition of membership", 26 Nov 2018...
- Related stories: UN Forum 2018: Materials launched
Mauritania: Workshop presents tools to document & resist attacks to defenders from Africa, working on business & human rights
Author: The International Service for Human Rights (Switzerland)
"NGO Forum | Human rights defenders working on businesses face specific risks in Africa", 11 June 2018 On 24 April, during the NGO Forum preceding the 62nd session of the African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights, ISHR in collaboration with ...B...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Ana Zbona, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In late April 2018, 68 institutional investor groups that participate in the Investor Alliance for Human Rights called on companies to make commitments to protect human rights defenders... What prompted this group of investors to speak out on this...