You are being redirected to the story the piece of content is found in so you can read it in context. Please click the following link if you are not automatically redirected within a couple seconds:
Businesses & govts. announce commitments to increase clean energy at COP22
Author: Global Climate Action, Published on: 11 November 2016
"Energy Leaders Accelerate Climate Action," 11 Nov 2016
…[L]eaders from a wide range of sectors are coming together on Energy Day at…COP22…
Discussions and commitments made throughout the day will include:
…RE100 and EP100 initiatives
- Pre-launch commitments to “One for All” – a global campaign…that seeks to mobilize new forms of capital…to end energy poverty before 2030.
- …Small Island Developing States (SIDS) Lighthouses Initiative…aimed at supporting islands in the transformation of their energy systems.
- …Africa Renewable Energy Initiative (AREI)
- The remarkable renewable energy transformation of Morocco…
New announcements made on Energy Day include:
- …The RE100 and EP100 initiatives are designed to work together to provide the least-cost decarbonisation pathway for business, and today three companies – Dalmia Cement, Philips Lighting and Swiss Re – become the first companies to be part of both campaigns…
- Together, RE100 companies are collectively creating over 100TWh of demand for renewable electricity – more than enough to power Morocco three times over…
- A new private-sector led initiative, the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA)…builds connections between corporate electricity demand and renewable energy supply…
[Also refers to Facebook, Formula E, and Mars.]