Headquarters in Germany
Trade Union Advisory Committee to the OECD advice on role of OECD & National Contact Points for compensating victims of Rana Plaza building collapse
Author: I. Zeldenrust J. Wilde Ramsing Drew, K, Trade Union Advisory Committee to the OECD and OECD Watch
"Compensating the Victims of Rana Plaza - What Role for the OECD and the National Contact Points?" June 2014...
- Related stories: EU countries call for increased compensation for victims of Rana Plaza building collapse
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013
- Related companies: Auchan Benetton Business and Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Children's Place El Corte Inglés Inditex KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PWT
Author: International trade expo for building and fire safety
We are pleased to welcome you to this important event designed to provide participants and exhibitors with an opportunity to learn more about ways to work together to improve the building and fire safety within the Ready-Made-Garment industry in...
- Related companies: C&A
A Bangladesh court Tuesday ordered the arrest of owners of a garment factory where 111 workers were killed last year in the country's worst such fire...The court...issued the warrants for Delwar Hossain,...Mahmuda Akter and four others over the blaze...
- Related stories: Lawsuit against Tazreen Fashions (re factory fire in Bangladesh)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: C&A Sean John Clothing Walmart
Author: Human Rights Watch
The survivors of a Bangladesh factory fire, which killed at least 112 garment workers last year, are still suffering from their injuries and loss of income and have not received adequate compensation, Human Rights Watch said today...Meaningful...
En 2013, une série d’accidents dramatiques dans des usines de textile au Bangladesh…a suscité une vague de protestation mondiale. Quelques temps plus tard, l’« Accord sur les incendies et la sécurité des bâtiments au Bangladesh » est conclu entre...
Woolworths Australia, GEBRA, Wünsche Group of Germany, became the latest brands to sign the Accord, which aims to make the garment industry safe and sustainable for years to come...The signatory brands have committed to making the changes garment...
- Related stories: ILO and Bangladesh Govt. launch major 3.5-year initiative to improve working conditions and safety in garment factories
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch ABIL (see African Bank Investments Limited) Aldi Nord Aldi Süd American Eagle Outfitters Arcadia Group Auchan Benetton Bestseller C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Debenhams El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Hess Corporation Horizonte (part of VDL Group) John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership KarstadtQuelle KiK Kmart (part of Sears) Leclerc Lidl Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Metro Group Mothercare Sean John Clothing Sears Switcher Target Tchibo Tesco Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing)
Author: Simon Neville, Guardian [UK]
Walmart has confirmed it will not sign up to a legally binding agreement on worker safety and building regulations in Bangladesh…[T]he…retail giant has created its own agreement, which it claims goes beyond the current accord…The company…said the deal...
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton BHS C&A Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carrefour El Corte Inglés G-Star H&M Helly Hansen Inditex John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Mothercare New Look Next Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Sainsbury's Tchibo Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR), Medico International
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited C&A, KiK & Karl Rieker to respond. KiK & Karl Rieker responses provided below. C&A declined to respond at this time due to confidentiality requirements of the OECD process.] Medico...
Response by C&A: NGOs allege violence & illegal dismissal of unionised workers at E-Garment factory, owned by Yee Tung and supplying major intl. brands.
- Related stories: NGOs allege violence & illegal dismissal of unionised workers at E-Garment factory, owned by Yee Tung and supplying major intl. brands.
- This is a response from the following companies: C&A