Headquarters in Germany
Author: Martin Hickman, Independent [UK]
...[A] reporter for Channel 4’s Dispatches worked undercover in workshops in Leicester...[He] found: "dangerous, pressurised sweatshop conditions”; pay at half the legal minimum wage; workers exhorted to work faster under threat of the sack; cramped...
- Related stories: UK: Channel 4's Dispatches alleges "dangerous, sweatshop conditions" in workshops supplying clothes to major retailers
- Related companies: Arcadia Group Associated British Foods BHS C&A Jane Norman (part of Edinburgh Woollen Mill) New Look Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Primark (part of Associated British Foods)
[PDF] ECCHR Background Paper: Cotton Produced Through Forced Child Labour? OECD Complaints Filed by ECCHR and its Partner Organizations against European Cotton Dealers
Author: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR)
For several years now, the problem of forced child labour in the Uzbek cotton production has been a recognized problem among the international community...In the view of ECCHR companies which have engaged in cotton trading with Uzbekistan may have...
- Related stories: Uzbekistan: OECD complaints filed against four European companies allegedly trading in Uzbek cotton, produced using forced child labour
- Related companies: C&A Walmart
Author: Environmental Justice Foundation
A new report released today by the Environmental Justice Foundation exposes how cotton production in…Uzbekistan remains one of the most exploitative enterprises in the world. “Slave Nation” reveals how the Government of Uzbekistan continues to lie to...
- Related stories: Report by Environmental Justice Foundation on forced child labour in cotton industry in Uzbekistan
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) C&A Tesco Walmart
Author: Environmental Justice Foundation, Uzbek-German Forum for Human Rights, Anti-Slavery International
The Government of Uzbekistan routinely compels hundreds of thousands of children as labourers in the country’s annual cotton harvest…Tesco has led the way in tracing their supply chains…Walmart-Asda, C&A, Gap, Levi’s, Marks and Spencer and Nike...
Author: Rosey Hurst, Dr Martin Buttle, Michelle Lehrer, Jonathan Sandars, Impactt
The results of Impactt’s assessments of 98 production sites during the year to August 2008 show that the risk posed by labour standards issues remains very real...Almost half of the sites we visited around the world were failing to pay the locally...
Author: Christopher Avery, Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[This brief overview of some international developments in the field of business & human rights was presented to the UK Parliament Joint Committee on Human Rights at their mini-conference on business and human rights, the purpose of which was “to...
- Related stories: Presentation by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre to UK Parliament's Joint Committee on Human Rights
- Related companies: Accenture Anglo American Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings) Barclays Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) BP British American Tobacco C&A Cape PLC Diageo Erinys International GCM Resources Guinness (part of Diageo) HSBC John Lewis Partnership L'Oreal Lloyd's of London Lloyds TSB Lonmin Marks & Spencer Metals Exploration National Grid NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Tate & Lyle Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Yahoo!
Author: Campagne vêtements propres & Schone Kleren Campagne
...Où trouver, en Belgique, des vêtements fabriqués dans des conditions de travail décentes ?...Dans une première section,...cette brochure vous propose une vue transversale des engagements et pratiques [de 33] entreprises sélectionnées.... [Dans] la...