Headquarters in Germany
Myanmar: Report finds that garment industry initiatives have not delivered needed positive impact on labour; highlights abuses such as low wages, unpaid overtime, child labour
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Rights' groups urge brands to take action to free detained workers, companies respond
- This is a response from the following companies: C&A
Bangladesh: Apparel firms call on govt. to protect workers' rights & rectify abuses during recent protests
Author: Steering Committee members of the Accord on Fire & Building Safety
"Letter to PM Hasina on Response to Ashulia Wage Protests", 19 Jan 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: C&A H&M Inditex LC Waikiki Otto PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen)
Bangladesh: Garment brands contribute to low wages, long working hours & child labour alleges report
Author: Martje Theuws, Virginia Sandjojo & Emma Vogt (SOMO)
Garment workers work extremely long hours in order to meet a standard of living that provides only the bare necessities of life... In addition to low wages, long working hours also have a detrimental impact on garment workers’ children... Thi...
Author: Annie Delaney, RMIT University & Tim Connor, University of Newcastle
- Related stories: Non-judicial grievance mechanisms: 19 reports highlight case studies, analyse redress mechanisms, provide recommendations to co.s & govts.
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex Marks & Spencer Mothercare Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sainsbury's Tesco Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
The Ethical Trading Initiative: Negotiated solutions to human rights violations in global supply chains?
Author: Tim Connor, University of Newcastle, Annie Delaney, RMIT University & Sarah Rennie, Melbourne University
Bangladesh: Tazreen factory fire - four years on, justice yet to be achieved, Clean Clothes Campaign reports
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
Four years since the Tazreen factory fire: justice only half done, 24 Nov 2016...
Cambodia: Freedom of association abuses reported in C&A supplier; C&A details steps taken to address issues
Included below is a letter from Cambodia Legal Education Center to C&A that alleges freedom of association abuses in a supplying factory in Cambodia, including the illegal termination of union leaders and related threats....
Author: Human Rights Watch
Gap Inc. is the latest clothing brand to disclose the list of factories that produce its clothes around the world, Human Rights Watch said today. Previously, Gap had said that it was withholding information about its supplier factories for ...