Headquarters in USA
CACI website: http://www.caci.com
Author: Centre for Constitutional Rights
…[F]our Iraqi victims tortured at…Abu Ghraib prison urged a federal district court to reject attempts by private military contractor CACI…to have their lawsuit for the contractor’s role in their torture dismissed…U.S. military investigators determined...
US court to consider if CACI can be sued for damages in USA over alleged abuse of Iraqi prisoners in Abu Ghraib prison
Author: New York Times (USA)
"Will Anyone Pay for Abu Ghraib?", 5 Feb 2015...
Judicial remedies for victims of business human rights abuses narrowing & harassment of human rights defenders increasing, says Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Author: Sif Thorgeirsson, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in openGlobalRights
“Doors closing on judicial remedies for corporate human rights abuse,” 26 Jan 2015...
Author: Sif Thorgeirsson, Centre de Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l'Homme, dans openGlobalRights
Le droit à un recours est l'un des principaux piliers des Principes directeurs des Nations Unies relatifs aux entreprises et aux droits de l'homme. Cependant, un examen des nombreux procès intentés contre les entreprises concernant leurs impacts sur...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its third annual briefing on corporate legal accountability
Author: Lawrence Hurley, Reuters
A landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision in 2013 that made it all but impossible to sue foreign companies in U.S. courts for alleged roles in overseas human rights abuses is proving to be a boon for U.S. firms too…In the roughly year and a half since...
Author: Sif Thorgeirsson, Manager, Corporate Legal Accountability Project, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
‘Closing the courtroom door: where can victims of human rights abuse by business find justice?’, 1 Dec 2014...
- Related stories: Abu Ghraib lawsuits against CACI, Titan (now L-3) Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Cisco Systems lawsuits (re China) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) HudBay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Nevsun lawsuit (re Bisha mine, Eritrea) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Tahoe Resources lawsuit (re Guatemala) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Blogs & commentaries Latest Legal News
- Related companies: CACI Chiquita Cisco Systems Daimler Drummond ExxonMobil HudBay Minerals Nestlé Nevsun Occidental Petroleum Rio Tinto Shell Tahoe Resources Titan (now L-3 Titan)
Author: Center for Constitutional Rights
In response to today’s guilty verdicts against all four former Blackwater security guards charged in the 2007 killings of more than 30 Iraqis in Baghdad, Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) Legal Director Baher Azmy issued the statement below... ...
US appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on companies' liability for extraterritorial impacts in lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita
US federal appeals courts issue conflicting decisions regarding extraterritoriality in Alien Tort lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita
Author: John Bellinger, Lawfare (USA)
"Two New ATS Decisions: Fourth and Eleventh Circuits Split on Whether Claims Against CACI and Chiquita “Touch and Concern” the Territory of the United States", 27 Jul 2014 ...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) US appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on companies' liability for extraterritorial impacts in lawsuits against CACI & Chiquita Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland CACI Cargill Chiquita ExxonMobil Ford IBM KBR Nestlé