Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole)
Headquarters in France
Author: Esther Vandenbroucke, IKV Pax Christi & Roos Boer, Netwerk Vlaanderen
This publication...presents...financial institutions’ investment in companies that develop or produce cluster munitions, on financial institutions disinvesting from producers of cluster munitions and on legislative measures to prohibit investment in...
- Related stories: Cluster Munition Coalition calls on govts to stop banks investing in companies producing cluster bombs
- Related in-depth areas: Finance
- Related companies: Aberdeen Asset Management Aerostar International (part of Raven Industries) Alliant Techsystems Allianz Allstate AMP Group ANZ Bank ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) AXA BAE Systems Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BlackRock BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Capital Group Citigroup Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daewoo Group Daiwa Securities Danske Bank DBS Bank Deutsche Bank Dexia Eaton Vance Fidelity Investments Folksam Fortis General Electric Goldman Sachs Groupe Banque Populaire Hanwha Henderson Global Investors (part of AMP Group) HSBC ING Intesa Sanpaolo Invesco JPMorgan Chase KBC Kookmin Bank L-3 Communications Legal & General Legg Mason Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Morgan Stanley Natixis Nordea Bank Northrop Grumman Old Mutual Oppenheimer & Co. PGGM Poongsan Principal Financial Prudential plc Rabobank Raven Industries Raytheon Regions Financial Rheinmetall Royal Bank of Scotland Russell Investments Scotiabank Shinhan Bank SNS Reaal Société Générale Standard Life State Street Storebrand Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) SunTrust Banks T. Rowe Price Thales TIAA-CREF Triodos Bank UBS US Bancorp Vanguard Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wells Fargo West LB Woori Bank (part of Woori Financial Group) Woori Financial Group
Author: Global Witness
[F]ailures by banks and the governments that regulate them have caused untold damage to the economies of some of the poorest countries in the world. By doing business with dubious customers in corrupt, natural resource-rich states, banks are...
- Related stories: Global Witness urges banks not to do business with dictators & corrupt govts.
- Related in-depth areas: Finance NGO
- Related companies: Absa Agricultural Bank of China Banco BPI Banco Espírito Santo Bank of China Barclays BNP Paribas Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) China Construction Bank China Development Bank China Exim Citibank (part of Citigroup) Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Danske Bank Deutsche Bank Ecobank Fortis Groupe Banque Populaire HSBC ING JPMorgan Chase KBC Lloyds TSB Natixis Rabobank Riggs Bank (now part of PNC Financial Services) Royal Bank of Scotland Santander Société Générale Standard Bank Standard Chartered UBS West LB
Author: Emad Mekay, IPS
...more than 40 international financial institutions have committed to financing only those projects that comply with the Equator Principles (EP), a set of voluntary environmental and social standards that seek to uphold the rights of people displaced...
- Related stories: Revised Equator Principles announced
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz Barclays Botnia Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) HSBC JPMorgan Chase Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered
[PDF] Financial Institutions Announce Revision of Equator Principles - Underscoring the Global Application of Environmental and Social Risk Management
Author: Equator Principles
The Equator Principles...have been revised in the following ways: • The Principles apply to all project financings with capital costs above USD 10 million. • The Principles now also apply to project finance advisory activities. • The revised...
- Related stories: Revised Equator Principles announced
- Related companies: ABN Amro Banco do Brasil Banco Espírito Santo Banco Itau Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BBVA Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Dexia FMO HSBC HVB ING Itaú Unibanco KBC Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Nedbank Rabobank Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Wells Fargo West LB Westpac
Complaint Against Calyon over Controversial Uruguayan Papermills could Frustrate Financial Times Sustainability Prize
Author: Center for Human Rights and Environment (CEDHA)
The Financial Times published a few days ago a short-list of international financial institutions under consideration for their new “Sustainable Banking Awards”. Amongst the pre-selected candidates of over 90 submissions, Calyon is one of five banks...
Author: El Independiente [Argentina]
Una organización ambientalista argentina realizará en las próximas horas una presentación ante el banco francés Calyon [parte de Crédit Agricole] con el fin de que retire la financiación comprometida a la empresa Botnia para la construcción de su...
International Coalition Denounces Calyon of France for its violations of the Equator Principles for its support to Finnish papermill Botnia in Uruguay
Author: Centro de Derechos Humanos y Ambiente (CEDHA)
Nine organizations including broad civil society networks in 6 countries, filed a complaint today against Calyon, the international financial investment arm of Crédit Agricole of France, for violations of the Equator Principles, in Calyon's support of...
Author: Environmental Finance
ABN Amro has been short-listed for every category of the Financial Times' sustainable banking awards. The most sustainable banks from around the world are to be singled out for recognition by this new programme of awards, launched by the Financial...
- Related stories: 16 banks shortlisted for Financial Times & IFC "sustainable banking" awards: ABN Amro in all 5 categories
- Related companies: ABN Amro Banco Itau Banco Real (part of Santander) Bank Sarasin Barclays Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank HSBC Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Nedbank West LB Westpac Yes Bank