Headquarters in Denmark
Examples of business action illustrate how responsible tax & anti-corruption practices can contribute to the SDGs
Author: Danish Institute for Human Rights
According to the World Bank and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), “corruption and tax crime remain key obstacles to sustainable economic, political and social development, particularly in developing and emerging...
Author: United Nations Global Compact, the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) and the We Mean Business coalition
"At COP 25, corporate climate movement grows exponentially as new companies announce plans to align with a 1.5°C future", 11 December 2019...
- Related stories: Company commitments: Mitigation
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev Carlsberg Breweries Chanel Décathlon Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ecolab Givaudan Henkel Iberia Lundbeck Multiplex Multiplex Construction Europe (part of Multiplex) Olam Red Eléctrica de España Siemens Gamesa Storebrand TenneT Tesco Univar
Author: Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders
"An open letter from business to world leaders: "Be ambitious, and together we can address climate change" ", 29 Nov 2018...
- Related stories: Klimakonferenz COP24 in Katowice: Die Dimension Wirtschaft & Menschenrechte
- Related companies: ABB Accenture Acciona Allianz Arcadia Group Arup AXA BASF Bloomberg BT Capricorn Investment Group Carlsberg Breweries Dana Danfoss Deutsche Post Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Greentech Capital Advisors Heineken Hindustan Power HSBC Iberdrola Infosys JinkoSolar Holding Kaiser Permanente Kokusai Kogyo LafargeHolcim LeasePlan Lenzing LGT (Liechtenstein Global Trust) Maple Leaf Foods Natixis Orsted Pan American Silver Royal DSM Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Signify Suntory Beverage & Food Limited Suzlon Swiss Re Syngenta Teck Resources UBS Unilever Vestas Wind Systems Yara
Author: Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders
"...In 2015, our coalition the Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders – an informal group, facilitated by the World Economic Forum, of major global businesses from a range of sectors – called on governments to reach an ambitious climate deal, aligned with th...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP24 climate discussions
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Accenture Acciona Allianz Arcadis Arup AXA BASF Bloomberg BT Capricorn Investment Group Carlsberg Breweries Dana Danfoss DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Greentech Capital Advisors Heineken Hindustan Construction Hindustan Power HSBC Iberdrola Infosys ING JinkoSolar Holding Kaiser Permanente Kokusai Kogyo LafargeHolcim LeasePlan Lenzing LGT (Liechtenstein Global Trust) Maple Leaf Foods Natixis Orsted Pan American Silver PWC Logistics Royal DSM Royal Philips Electronics Schneider Electric Signify Suntory Beverage & Food Limited Suzlon Swiss Re Syngenta Teck Resources UBS Unilever Vestas Wind Systems Yara
Briefing reviews measures taken by sponsors of the Swedish Football Association to address human rights risks associated with 2018 FIFA World Cup
Swedwatch's latest briefing "The 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia: Sponsorship and human rights" focuses on the role of corporate sponsors in addressing human rights risks associated with major sporting events. It highlights measures taken by sponsors of...
Nepal: Investigation links pollution found in wastewater samples to Carlsberg brewery; incl. co comments
In collaboration with the Danish Broadcasting Corporation (DR), Danwatch collected and tested water samples in December 2017 and again in March 2018 near a Carlsberg brewery in Nepal. The tests show that several measurements for water pollution lie...
We Mean Business NGO network & corporate partners express support for COP23 vision of a "grand coalition" to accelerate climate action
Author: We Mean Business
"Making the Paris Vision a Reality", 2 Nov 2017...
Author: Ludovic Dupin, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
100 entreprises mondiales engagées pour s'alimenter à 100 % en énergies renouvelables, 13 juillet 2017 Axa, Burberry, AkzoNobel et Carlsberg ont rejoint l’initiative RE 100 qui regroupe des multinationales désireuses de s’alimenter à 100 % à partir d’...
Author: Miranda Wadham, The Investment Observer
International brewer Carlsberg announced a host of ambitious sustainability targets on Tuesday, driven by US President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw from the Paris climate change agreement. Called "Together Towards ZERO", the brewer's plans...
Laos: Carlsberg subsidiary Lao Brewery linked to air & water pollution in villages surrounding its Vientiane plant; Carlsberg responds
Report and company response on alleged air and water pollution from Lao Brewery plant are linked below.