Headquarters in USA
Carlson Companies website: http://www.carlson.com
Author: Change.org [USA]
A Hilton Hotel in southwest China lost its five star rating this week after an underground brothel was found to be operating out of the hotel last month....Companies like Hilton have the power to help prevent the forced prostitution of children on...
- Related stories: NGO campaigns for Hilton to take steps to prevent child trafficking in hotels
- Related companies: Carlson Hilton Radisson (part of Carlson)
Author: Christian Brothers Investment Services
In April, 2010, Christian Brothers Investment Services (CBIS)...and 300 investors and faith-based organizations signed a letter...that was sent to major hotels with chains in South Africa to learn about actions being taken to combat human trafficking...
- Related stories: Investor group issues final report on appeal to hotel chains to take measures to stop human trafficking; Accor and Carlson said to have "leading programs"
- Related companies: Accor Best Western Carlson Hilton Holiday Inn (part of InterContinental Hotels) Hyatt InterContinental Hotels NH Hoteles Sofitel (part of Accor) Starwood Hotels
So. Africa: Christian Brothers Investment Services urges eight major hotel chains to take steps to prevent human trafficking; all respond
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 21 April 2010 Christian Brothers Investment Services (CBIS) sent a letter to the CEOs of eight major international hotel chains in South Africa, asking them to report on specific actions they are taking to prevent human trafficking in advance of...
- Related stories: Investor group issues final report on appeal to hotel chains to take measures to stop human trafficking; Accor and Carlson said to have "leading programs" So Africa: Christian Brothers Investment Services issues call to action to hotels to help combat human trafficking at World Cup events
- Related in-depth areas: Letter to hotel chains regarding human trafficking at the World Cup & company responses
- Related companies: Accor Best Western Carlson Hilton Hyatt InterContinental Hotels NH Hoteles Starwood Hotels
Author: United Nations Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking (UN.GIFT)
This brochure presents an overview and introduction to human trafficking and the role that business can play in addressing it...Human trafficking is not currently well integrated into the Corporate Responsibility (CR) programmes...[a]lthough this is...
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples Key initiatives & reports Positive initiatives Practical guidance Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: Accor Ahold Archer Daniels Midland Barcelo Hotels & Resorts Barry Callebaut Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Cargill Carlson Ferrero Gap Hershey Hindustan Unilever ICA (part of Ahold) Kraft Foods L'Oreal ManpowerGroup Mars Microsoft Nestlé Publicis Saatchi & Saatchi (part of Publicis) Sol Meliá Taj Group Telefónica TUI Travel
Nike has taken the top score for the annual Climate Counts scorecard for the second year in a row, but there are some companies hot on Nike's heels and others that made large leaps in the past year. Climate Counts' third annual scorecard covers 90...
- Related companies: AirTran Apple Burger King Canon Capital One Carlson Citigroup Danone Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) eBay ExpressJet General Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyatt IBM L'Oreal Levi Strauss Liz Claiborne Motorola News Corporation Nike PNC Financial Services Regions Financial SkyWest Air Stonyfield Farm SunTrust Banks Toshiba Unilever UPS US Airways VF Corp Viacom Wendy's/Arby's Group
Author: Migrant Rights
An appeal backed by Radisson [part of Carlson] Hotels raised DH 1 million for construction workers during the month of Ramadan...To date, this is the only corporate social responsibility project by a multinational for the welfare of construction...
[PDF] "Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index 2010:A report card on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality in Corporate America."
Author: Human Rights Campaign
305 businesses achieved the top rating of 100 percent this year, compared with 260 businesses in the previous year. This accounts for 58 businesses that reached 100 percent for the first time and 13 no longer on the list, for a net increase of 45...
- Related stories: USA: Report finds number of companies with top ratings for lesbian & gay policies increased 20% despite recession
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Affiliated Computer Services Agilent Technologies Ahold Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allianz Allstate Alston & Bird Amazon.com AMC Networks Ameren American Airlines American Express Ameriprise Financial Amgen Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev Aon Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Avis Budget Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T Best Buy Bingham McCutchen Blue Cross Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cardinal Cargill Carlson Caterpillar Cerner Charles Schwab Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clifford Chance Clorox CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cracker Barrel (part of CBRL Group) Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Rent-A-Car Exelon Expedia EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson FedEx Fifth Third Bank Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Hallmark Cards Hanover Insurance Harrah's Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Marsh (part of Marsh & McLennan) MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McGraw Hill Financial (formerly McGraw Hill Companies) McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northrop Grumman Novartis Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pearson Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sanofi Sara Lee SC Johnson Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Supervalu T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toys R Us UBS Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Business Media United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Airways US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Virgin America Visa Inc. Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM! Zurich