Headquarters in USA
Author: Carlyle Group
…Carlyle takes this incident seriously and is working with Grupo Liderman management to improve policies and procedures to prevent this from happening again. Carlyle repudiates this physical confrontation and supports Grupo Liderman’s efforts to...
- Related stories: Peru: Carlyle security allegedly beat two indigenous women protesting the environmental impacts of Glencore mine
- This is a response from the following companies: Carlyle Group
Comunicado oficial del Grupo Carlyle:“Carlyle toma de manera muy seria este incidente y, actualmente, se encuentra trabajando junto a la gerencia del Grupo Liderman para mejorar sus políticas y procedimientos a fin de evitar que este tipo de eventos...
Peru: Carlyle portfolio security company allegedly beat two indigenous women protesting the environmental impacts of Glencore mine
Peasant Andean women Francisca Umasi-Ihui and Vidal Coaquira-Umasi who were participating in protests over harms on their crops and water sources allegedly caused by Antapaccay Glencore mine allegedly were attacked by armed security company Grupo...
USA: McGraw-Hill textbook "erased" history of slavery by referring to slaves as "workers", parent complains - company promises correction
Author: Scott Eric Kaufman, Salon.com (USA)
" 'This is what erasure looks like': Texas mother shames textbook company into putting slavery back in American history textbook", 6 October 2015...
Morganton chemical plant blocked by protesters who want to stop spread of natural gas fracking [USA]
Author: Associated Press
Twelve activists who blocked a North Carolina chemical plant were arrested in a protest against the company's sale of products used in the natural gas drilling process called hydraulic fracturing, or fracking...Croatan Earth First! spokeswoman Maria...
This report is an evaluation of the efforts made by jewelers towards responsible sourcing of precious metals. It is based on responses to a survey sent to the jewelers that had signed on to the Golden Rules by mid-February 2009 and to other large...
- Related stories: Report evaluates jewelers progress in promoting socially and environmentally responsible mining – 60 firms endorse principles for ethical sourcing
- Related in-depth areas: Recent NGO reports
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Amazon.com Anglo American Berkshire Hathaway Boucheron (part of Gucci) Brilliant Earth Carlyle Group Cartier (part of Richemont) Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Costco Cred Jewellery Finlay Fine Jewelry Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Herff Jones J.C. Penney Jostens Kohl's Kroger Leber Jeweler Liberty Media Macy's Meijer Neiman Marcus Piaget (part of Richemont) PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Sears Signet Target Tiffany TJ Maxx (part of TJX) TJX Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Private Equity Council
The Private Equity Council today announced that its members have adopted a set of comprehensive responsible investment guidelines that they will apply prior to investing in companies and during their period of ownership. The guidelines cover...