Headquarters in United Kingdom
Carphone Warehouse merged with Dixons Retail plc to become Dixons Carphone in August 2014. See here for items about the company before August 2014.
Author: David Leppard, Sunday Times [UK]
Internet firms have condemned the government’s “Big Brother” surveillance plans as an “unwarranted” intrusion into people’s privacy…The criticism, contained in a private submission to the Home Office, threatens to derail the £2 billion project… [T]he...
- Related stories: UK: Internet firms resist govt. plans to monitor all web communications, saying it is an intrusion into people’s privacy
- Related companies: BT Carphone Warehouse Virgin Group
Author: Paul Majendie & Marc Jones, Reuters
Europe's biggest mobile phone retailer pulled its sponsorship on Thursday of a reality TV show dogged by accusations of racism after Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty faced a tirade of abuse from fellow contestants. Carphone Warehouse said it did not...
- Related companies: Carphone Warehouse
Author: (PRODUCT) RED
Motorola today unveils, with the unanimous support of the UK Mobile Industry, (MOTO)RED – the first in a brand new portfolio of mobile handsets created to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. Launched by co-founders Bono and Bobby Shriver at the World...
[PDF] full report: "FTSE4Good Index series - Criteria development and company engagement programme 2003-2004"
[refers to cos. that met new FTSE4Good human rights criteria for resource cos./committed to meet them: BHP Biliton, Shell, BP, BG, Lonmin, Mitsubishi Corp., Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Cosmo Oil, Expro Group, PetroCanada, Repsol. And cos. deleted from index...
- Related stories: Report shows 62 cos. removed from FTSE4Good Index for not meeting human rights, environmental criteria
- Related companies: Allied Irish Banks Alumina AMB Generali Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Applera Banco BPI Banco Comercial Portugues BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Cairn Energy Carlsberg Breweries Carphone Warehouse Central Japan Railway Chiba Bank Commerzbank ConocoPhillips Danske Bank Delphi Denso Diamond Offshore Drilling Elan Equinor (formerly Statoil) Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Fairfax Financial Holdings Fineco Finning Foster's Four Seasons Hotels Goldman Sachs Goldshield Goodrich Gunma Bank Hafslund Hess Corporation Hutchison Whampoa Interbrew (now InBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Lehman Brothers Lonmin Macquarie Bank Malcom Manulife Financial Marschollek, Lautenschläger und Partner Mediobanca Mitsubishi Group Molson (part of Molson Coors) National Bank of Canada Norsk Hydro Omron Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Rank Royal Blue Sarantis Shell Spirent Suncorp SunTrust Banks Sygen Tenet Healthcare Terex Terumo Wing Tai Holdings