Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
- Related stories: Carrefour: "Carte d'engagement pour la protection des droits de l'homme"
- Related companies: Carrefour
Author: Anita Chan, Visiting Fellow of the Contemporary China Centre of the Australian National University, in Japan Focus
Surprise, surprise, it is the All-China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU), the trade union notorious throughout the world for being “useless”, that has taken on Wal-Mart and succeeded in setting up workplace union branches at twenty-two Wal-Mart...
- Related stories: China Labour Bulletin article on ACFTU's unionisation drive in Wal-Mart stores
- Related companies: Carrefour Walmart
Why all companies should address human rights (and how the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre can help)
Author: Christopher Avery, Annabel Short, Gregory Tzeutschler Regaignon - Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[this chapter appears in the the ICCA Handbook on CSR and Corporate Culture; a list of chapters in the handbook and ordering details can be found at http://www.cca-institute.org/handbook.html] The following sections set out why human rights are...
- Related stories: BP lawsuit (re Alaska) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: ABB adidas Anglo American Barclays BHP Billiton Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) BP BT Cape PLC Carrefour Chevron Chiquita Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Coca-Cola Dow Chemical ExxonMobil Ford Gap HP (Hewlett-Packard) ING McDonald's MTV Networks Europe (part of Viacom) National Grid Nike Novartis Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Occidental Petroleum Premier Oil Rio Tinto Shell Statoil Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Talisman Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart
Inditex invites companies to join September start-up of relief scheme for victims of collapsed factory, Bangladesh
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
Spanish-based retailer Inditex sent a letter to invite brands to participate in a Voluntary Relief Scheme to provide much needed support to workers who were injured and the families of those who died when the Spectrum / Shahriyar factory collapsed on...
Author: Lucy Amis, Adrian Hodges, Neil Jeffery, Intl. Business Leaders Forum, in association with Fundación Ideas para la Paz, UN Global Compact
[refers to Ecopetrol, Carrefour, Interconexión Eléctrica, TPL, Merilectrica, Banco Caja Social, Colmena, Colmena Fiduciaria, Colmena Capitalizadora, Deco y Matco, Cales y Cementos de Toluviejo (Tolcemento), La 14, Merck, Microsoft, Nestlé, Nike,...
- Related stories: Business & human rights in Colombia: report by IBLF with UN Global Compact & Ideas Para la Paz
- Related in-depth areas: Business
- Related companies: Akzo Nobel Banco Caja Social Carcafe (part of ED&F Man) Carrefour Colmena Compañía de Galletas Noel Compañía Envasadora del Atlántico Ecopetrol ED&F Man Hocol (part of Maurel & Prom) Interconexión Eléctrica (part of ISA Group) Interquim (part of Akzo Nobel) Maurel & Prom Merck Microsoft Nestlé Occidental Petroleum PricewaterhouseCoopers Starbucks Suramericana
Greenpeace says it has exposed three major supermarket chains in Guangzhou that are selling produce with illegal pesticides...exceeding legal standards. The three stores are Vanguard, ParknShop [part of Hutchison Whampoa] and Carrefour...Between...
Author: China CSR
Shanghai Food and Medicine Administration (SFMA) has decided to recall all food that does not meet respective standards, starting August 1, 2006...SFMA says that food products that are proved to have caused illnesses should be recalled within 72 hours...
- Related companies: Carrefour
Author: Europa Press
El Principio número tres del Pacto Mundial es el que en mayor medida cuesta cumplir a las empresas extranjeras en China; su apoyo a la libertad de afiliación y el reconocimiento efectivo del derecho a la negociación colectiva. Así lo expresó en la...