Cartier (part of Richemont)
Headquarters in Switzerland
US retailers can now buy gold from conflict-free mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo says the Responsible Artisanal Gold Solutions
Author: Juliane Kippenberg & Jo Becker, Human Rights Watch
"Jewelers CAN Trace Their Gold - Gold from Conflict-Free Mines in Congo Sold in US Jewelry Stores", 2 November 2018...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Author: Human Rights Watch
“Día de San Valentín: Contaminadas las cadenas de suministro del sector de la joyería”, 8 de febrero de 2018...
Report by Human Rights Watch alleges labour rights abuses & child labour in gold & diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands; incl. co responses
The report “The Hidden Cost of Jewelry” by Human Rights Watch documents labour rights violations, child labour and poor working conditions caused by toxic chemicals in gold and diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands. The report scrutinizes...
Author: Human Rights Watch
[Anmerkung: Das Business & Human Rights Resource Centre hat die in dem Bericht genannten Schmuckhersteller um eine Stellungnahme gebeten. Mehr dazu, sowie die Antworten der Unternehmen finden Sie hier.]...
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Boodle & Dunthorne Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Chopard Christ Harry Winston (part of Swatch) Kalyan Jewellers Pandora Group Richemont Rolex Signet Jewelers Tanishq (part of Titan Industries) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (TBZ)
We invited Cartier to respond. They declined to comment.
- This is a non response from the following companies: Cartier (part of Richemont)
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Myanmar: Cartier stops sourcing gemstones from country in response to campaign against "genocide gems"
Author: Philip Sherwell & Jon Ungoed-Thomas, The Times (UK)
"Taint of Burma's genocide gems", 10 Dec 2017...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Business & investor responses to the Rohingya crisis
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Richemont Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont)
Many companies in high-risk sectors aren’t addressing slavery risks in UK Modern Slavery Act statements, report says
The report published by CORE Coalition provides an overview of how companies are including information in their Slavery and Human Trafficking Statements on the risks of modern slavery in their supply chains and operations. It focuses on 50 companies...