Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Centrica website: http://www.centrica.co.uk
British Gas split in 1997 into Centrica, which is primarily a gas utility operating in the UK, and BG Group, which "is principally engaged in the development, management and supply of...gas markets around the world", according to this website: www.bgplc.com. The company now known as British Gas is part of Centrica.
On 4 January 2018, an Oslo court dismissed environmental NGO's climate change lawsuit against the Norwegian government regarding Arctic oil drilling licences. Greenpeace Nordic, Nature and Youth, and the Grandparents Climate Campaigns argued that a...
From 14 to 23 November 2017, a Norwegian court will hear a case brought by Greenpeace Nordic, Nature and Youth, and the Grandparents Climate Campaign against the Norwegian government over the granting of Arctic oil exploration licenses to 13 oil comp...
[On 14 November 2017] ...environmental organisations Greenpeace Nordic and Nature and Youth take on the Norwegian government in court for opening up new areas in the Arctic to oil drilling. They are arguing that drilling for oil violates the Paris...
- Related stories: Environmental NGOs take Norway to court over Arctic drilling licenses and link with climate change
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Climate change litigation Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Centrica Chevron ConocoPhillips Equinor (formerly Statoil) Lukoil Lundin Petroleum OMV Tullow Oil
Company disclosure of water management strategies exemplifies importance of water security for climate action
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
"Thirsty business: Why water is vital to climate action, 2016 Annual Report of Corporate Water Disclosure", Nov 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Acciona Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BASF Bayer Centrica Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Diageo Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Fiat Chrysler Ford General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Harmony Gold HP (Hewlett-Packard) Iberdrola Inditex Kao Kumba Iron Ore L'Oreal Lockheed Martin Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) OMV Sony Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Unilever
"Historic lawsuit against Arctic oil," 18 Oct 2016...
Author: Damian Carrington, Guardian (UK)
"Leave vote makes UK's transition to clean energy harder, say experts," 28 Jun 2016...
UK: Top utility lobby group shifts stance from supporting fossil fuels to campaigning for renewable energy
Author: Terry Macalister, Guardian (UK)
"Top lobbying group in historic green energy U-turn", 28 Feb 2016...
Author: Rupert Jones, Guardian (UK)
"Ikea adopts the living wage for UK staff in 'massive breakthrough'", 20 Jul 2015...