Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Centrica website: http://www.centrica.co.uk
British Gas split in 1997 into Centrica, which is primarily a gas utility operating in the UK, and BG Group, which "is principally engaged in the development, management and supply of...gas markets around the world", according to this website: www.bgplc.com. The company now known as British Gas is part of Centrica.
Carillion plc and Adnams named as large and small company of the year in Business in the Community’s annual ‘Awards for Excellence’ [UK]
Author: Business in the Community
Standard Chartered Bank was presented with the International Award for its Partnership for Africa initiative. [companies receiving awards for their social or environmental contribution included: Carillon, Adnams, Happy Computers, Standard Chartered...
- Related companies: Adnams B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Barclays Boots (now Alliance Boots) BT Carillion Centrica Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu EDF Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Greggs Kingfisher Marks & Spencer National Grid Standard Chartered Zurich
- Related companies: Centrica
[PDF] full report: "The Materiality of Social, Environmental and Corporate Governance Issues to Equity Pricing: 11 Sector Studies by Brokerage House Analysts at the Request of the UNEP Finance Initiative Asset Management Working Group"
Author: UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative
[contributions by ABN Amro, Deutsche Bank, Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (part of Dresdner Bank, which is part of Allianz), Goldman Sachs, HSBC, NikkoCitigroup (joint venture Nikko Cordial & Citigroup), Nomura, UBS, West LB. Also includes...
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz BP British Airways Centrica CEPSA Chevron Citigroup Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) E.ON easyJet Electrabel Eni ExxonMobil Foschini Goldman Sachs Honda Iberdrola Iberia Lufthansa Lukoil Marathon Oil Matsushita (now Panasonic) Mitsubishi Group Mr Price Nikko Cordial Nomura Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) OMV RWE Ryanair Sanyo (part of Panasonic) Scottish and Southern Energy Sharp Shell Statoil Toyota UBS West LB Woolworths Holdings Yukos
Author: Alison Maitland, FT
At the top echelons of business, equality and diversity are attracting growing attention...The positive business case focuses on the benefits of companies gaining access to a broader pool of recruits and to new customers, for example among women,...
- Related companies: Centrica
Author: Christian Aid
Bolivia is the poorest country in South America, yet it is sitting on gas and oil reserves worth billions. The contradiction between the country’s grinding poverty and the fact that companies such as British Gas and BP are paying relatively little tax...
Author: Corporate Knights & Innovest Strategic Value Advisors
[List: ABB, ABN Amro, Adidas Salomon, Aeon, Agilent Technologies, Alcan, Alcoa, Alliance Unichem, ARCELOR, Atlas Copco, Aviva, BAA (British Airports Authority), Bank Of America., BASF, Baxter International, Boots, BP, British Airways, British Land,...
- Related stories: Innovest & Corporate Knights name global 100 most sustainable companies
- Related companies: ABB ABN Amro adidas AEON Agilent Technologies Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Alliance Unichem (now Alliance Boots) Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Atlas Copco Aviva Bank of America BASF Baxter International Boots (now Alliance Boots) BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British Airports Authority (BAA) British Airways British Land British Sky Broadcasting BT Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Canon Centrica Coca-Cola Danone Denso Deutsche Telekom Dexia Diageo Eastman Kodak Enbridge Ericsson FPL Group Fresenius Medical Care Gamesa General Electric GlaxoSmithKline GUS H&M HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Holmen HP (Hewlett-Packard) Iberdrola ING Insurance Australia Group Intel Johnson & Johnson Kesko Kuraray Lafarge Land Securities Marks & Spencer Masco Matsushita (now Panasonic) Mitchells & Butlers Nike Nikko Cordial Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NTT Docomo Pearson PepsiCo Pinnacle West Capital Reed Elsevier Group Ricoh Royal Bank of Canada Royal Philips Electronics ST Microelectronics Sun Life Financial Toyota TransAlta Unilever United Technologies UPS Vestas Wind Systems Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Xerox
Author: E.ON, EDF, National Grid, RWE npower, Severn Trent, Thames Water
Human rights, as defined by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international instruments, can provide a framework for understanding the responsibilities of businesses...In 2005..We monitored and supported progress in promoting ethical...
Author: Steven Morris & Terry Macalister, Guardian [UK]
...the chief concerns currently centre on Milford Haven in Wales, where BG, ExxonMobil and others are constructing two LNG plants which within a few years could provide up to a quarter of Britain's gas supply. Critics claim that no full, open safety...