Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Centrica website: http://www.centrica.co.uk
British Gas split in 1997 into Centrica, which is primarily a gas utility operating in the UK, and BG Group, which "is principally engaged in the development, management and supply of...gas markets around the world", according to this website: www.bgplc.com. The company now known as British Gas is part of Centrica.
Author: Jennifer Rankin, Guardian (UK)
The big six energy firms have been exposed to further accusations of profiteering after the industry regulator revealed that profits per customer last year rose by 77%. On the eve of a protest by anti-poverty campaigners against power suppliers, Ofgem...
Author: Owain Thomas, Workplace Savings & Benefits (UK)
Deloitte is joining the Time to Change programme which aims to end the stigma and discrimination against people with experience of mental health problems. The firm joins a wide range of organisations that have already signed-up to the pledge…Time to...
This guide is aimed at investors seeking to examine corporate tax policy and practices. Tax is increasingly under the spotlight, intensifying financial, regulatory and reputational risks in this area for companies. Where tax practices are aggressive,...
- Related stories: ActionAid launches new guide for investors on how to seek a responsible approach to corporate tax
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: Aggreko Barclays Burberry Cairn Energy Centrica Diageo Enron Experian G4S Glencore Goldman Sachs Imperial Tobacco John Lewis Partnership KPMG Legal & General Marks & Spencer Morrisons PricewaterhouseCoopers Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc SABMiller Schroders Smiths Group Starbucks Tyco Vodafone
Author: Institute of Business Ethics
This Briefing explores corporate taxation and specifically the issue of tax avoidance as a business ethics issue…The term ‘tax avoidance’ is used to refer to legitimate but maybe aggressive use of things such as financial instruments and other...
UK firms to be forced to reveal where they pay tax, as we reveal one in four top names pay no corporation tax at all
Author: Alex Hawkes, Mail on Sunday [UK]
Britain is to drop its opposition to plans that will force all European companies to say what tax they pay wherever they operate. After agreement in Brussels...that Europe’s banks must reveal the taxes paid in each country, the Treasury is understood...
Author: Simon Goodley, Guardian [UK]
Women may have had equal voting rights since 1928, but they may have to wait another 98 years for parity in pay, research has found. While the salaries of female executives are increasing faster than those of their male counterparts, it will take...
Author: PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Carbon Disclosure Project
In 2010, the CDP asked the world’s 500 largest public companies in the FTSE Global Equity Index Series...to demonstrate that they are taking action on climate change. This report, prepared by CDP’s global adviser, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC),...
- Related stories: Report says carbon management becoming a "strategic business priority" - says Siemens, Deutsche Post, BASF, Bayer, Samsung top 5 firms for carbon disclosure
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Akzo Nobel Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Anheuser-Busch InBev Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Atlantia Aviva AXA BAE Systems Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BG Group Bharti Airtel BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BOC Group (part of Linde) Boeing Bouygues BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) BYD Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Caisse d'Epargne Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Central Japan Railway Centrica CEZ Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Telecom China Unicom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) CNP Assurances Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Danske Bank DBS Bank Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON East Japan Railway eBay Ecopetrol EDF Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Exelon Express Scripts ExxonMobil FedEx Fiat Ford Fortum France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Gap Gazprom GDF Suez (now Engie) General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Groupe Banque Populaire Grupo ACS H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Henderson Land Hess Corporation Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Husky Energy Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group Iberdrola IBM ICICI ICL Plastics Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation Inditex Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Itaú-BBA ITC Jardine Matheson JFE Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) KB Home KBC KDDI Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Larsen & Toubro Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola MTN MTR Munich Re Naspers Group National Australia Bank National Grid National Oilwell Varco Natixis (joint venture Caisse d'Epargne & Groupe Banque Populaire) Newcrest Newmont News Corporation Nike Nintendo Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTT Docomo Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris International PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Praxair Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Prudential plc PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Richemont Rio Tinto Roche Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi Santander SAP Sasol Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Seven & i Shell Shin Shin-Etsu Group Shinhan Bank Siemens Sime Darby Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Southwestern Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples Starbucks State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Teck Resources Telecom Italia Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments ThyssenKrupp Time Warner TJX Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Tullow Oil Tyco UBS Unibail UniCredit Bulbank Unilever Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Viacom Vinci Visa Inc. Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Wal-Mart de Mexico Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wesfarmers Westfield Westpac Wharf Holdings Wilmar International Wipro Woolworths Group Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich
Author: Severin Carrell, Guardian [UK]
Unilever has topped a new index that assesses how Britain's largest companies are dealing with climate change, outperforming other industry leaders such as Tesco and Centrica…Rolls-Royce…is No 4…behind BT Group in second place and…Morrisons in third...
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre & Realizing Rights
As representatives of over 1000 companies gather this week in New York at the United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have published a list of over 270 companies worldwide...
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Allianz Alstom Anglo American ANZ Bank Aramex Arcelor Mittal Areva Arla Foods ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group BHP Billiton BMW Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Chevron Chiquita Chubu Electric Power Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Control Risks Cosmo Oil Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone De Beers Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI Enagás EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil FCC Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fuji Photo Film Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS Gucci (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Halliburton HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Hilton Hitachi Holcim HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Iberdrola IKEA Impala Platinum Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) L'Oreal Lafarge Lagardère Lego Levi Strauss Linde Lloyds TSB Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NYK Line O2 (part of Telefónica) Occidental Petroleum OceanaGold OMV Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petrobras Pfizer Posco PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Caribbean Cruises Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sompo Japan Sony Sprint Nextel Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Starwood Hotels Statoil Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Tesco Timberland Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Technologies Vale Vattenfall Verizon Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) Yara Yell Group