Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Colombia
Author: Anglo American
On August 3 2007, War on Want produced a pamphlet, “Anglo American – The Alternative Report” which attacked the Company and a number of associate companies over which Anglo American does not have management control (AngloGold Ashanti, De Beers and...
- Related stories: Final Submission to the Joint Committee on Human Rights Inquiry into Business and Human Rights War on Want report alleges Anglo American "profits from abuse, murders" [video] Profiting from Conflict - Anglo American in Colombia Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) De Beers (part of Anglo American)
[PDF] full report: "Fanning the Flames: The role of British mining companies in conflict and the violation of human rights"
Author: Mark Curtis, War on Want
This report forms part of War on Want’s campaign to confront those companies which exacerbate or profit from war…The following pages examine the role of the mining industry in exacerbating conflict and human rights abuse across the world…War on Want...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Asia Energy (part of GCM Resources) BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) GCM Resources Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Oxus Gold Rio Tinto Vedanta Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Social Review Panel (Salomon Kalmanovitz - Colombia, Elena Serrano - Chile, Nick Killick - England, John Harker - Canada)
In late August, 2007, Cerrejon and its shareholders announced the commissioning of an independent “social review” of the company’s past and current social engagement...The review panel held numerous meetings in Colombia, both in Bogota and in La...
Author: Carbones del Cerrejón Limited (Cerrejón)
Carbones del Cerrejón Limited - Cerrejón - and its shareholders, Anglo American, BHP Billiton and Xstrata Coal, welcome the publication of an independent review of Cerrejón’s social engagement...The report highlights a number of areas of good practice...
Author: International Metalworkers' Federation
The National Union of Coal Mine Workers, SINTRACARBON, has reported the deplorable news of the assassination of Adolfo González Montes, the union's leader and a member of the Barrancas branch committee...SINTRACARBON is the union of workers at the...
Business and human rights – Debate: Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights – Do the Voluntary Principles safeguard human rights?
Author: Debate: Arvind Ganesan, Human Rights Watch and Alexandra Guaqueta, Cerrejon Coal, Ethical Corporation
- Related companies: Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore)