Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Colombia
Author: International Alert (IA)
...Colombia’s violent conflict has been one of the most prolonged, intractable and deadly in modern times...International Alert has been working to help build peace...with recent work focusing on untapping the peacebuilding potential of the business...
DONG Energy [Denmark] decides not to sign new contracts with Drummond pending result of Colombia lawsuit
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In July 2006 the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten published articles about the alleged involvement of US-based Drummond coal company in the killing of trade unionists in Colombia - allegations that the company denies. In August 2006 the Danish company...
...el Tribunal Permanente de los Pueblos (TPP) tendrá su sesión en Colombia, con el tema "Multinacionales, Recursos Naturales y Guerra Sucia", en el campo de la minería y el petróleo...el TPP juzgará la responsabilidad de las multinacionales ligadas a...
- Related stories: Colombia: Tribunal Permanente de los Pueblos (TPP) "juzga" la responsabilidad de multinacionales mineras y petrolíferas respecto a los derechos humanos
- Related in-depth areas: Industria extractiva
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton BP Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Coca-Cola Drummond Glencore Gran Colombia Gold Muriel Mining Nestlé Occidental Petroleum Repsol YPF
Author: Jan Willem van Gelder, Profundo (Research paper prepared for Berne Declaration & Greenpeace Switzerland)
This report aims to identify and describe the financing activities undertaken UBS Group in the global mining and oil & gas sectors. Most emphasis is given to the involvement of UBS in financing mining and oil & gas projects and companies which...
- Related stories: Involvement of UBS in the global mining and oil & gas sectors
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Alpha Natural Resources Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BHP Billiton BP Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Energy Resources Australia (part of Rio Tinto) Eni Evraz Foundation Coal Gazprom Glencore (now Glencore Xstrata) Lukoil MedcoEnergi Newmont Novatek Peabody Energy Petrobras PetroChina Rio Tinto Sinopec Tatneft Teikoku Oil TNK-BP Total UBS Yukos
Author: Mineral Policy Institute
[Colombia]: The Mineral Policy Institute, Friends of the Earth Australia and United States NGO PressurePoint strongly condemn BHP Billiton’s conduct in operating its Cerrejón Norte coal mine...BHP Billiton is co-owner and operator with Anglo American...
Author: Dave Gershman, Salem Evening News
Some of the coal imported for PG&E Corp.'s Salem Harbor Station power plant comes from a giant mine in Colombia, which is accused of growing by bullying, cheating and sickening villagers into leaving homes that sit on massive, untapped reserves of...
- Related companies: Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) PG&E