China Huadian website: eng.chd.com.cn
Author: Damian Carrington, Guardian (UK)
The 100 global power companies most at risk from growing pressure to shut highly polluting coal plants have been revealed in a new report from Oxford University....
- Related stories: Subcritical coal top 20: Engaging energy companies on climate & human rights impacts
- Related companies: AES Ameren American Electric Power China Guodian China Huadian China Power Investment China Resources Enterprises China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) Datang International Power Generation Duke Energy E.ON Edison International Eskom Huaneng Power International NRG Energy NTPC RWE Southern Company State Grid Corporation of China Vattenfall
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights, UN Global Compact Network China, Institute for Human Rights and Business, Peking University, Tracktwo
"China Responsible Business Forum: Corporate Responsibility in the Era of the UN Guiding Principles", 17 February 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: China Huadian China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) China Minmetals CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Cosco General Electric H&M Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies Motorola NEC Nestlé State Grid Corporation of China Vale Volvo Group
Author: The Economist
The killing of Chhut Vuthy has shaken Cambodia. A well-known environmentalist and founder of the Natural Resource Protection Group, he [was] try[ing] to film illegal loggers. He was in a heavily forested area near the construction of a 338-megawatt...
Author: Jonathan Watts, Guardian
China's breakneck growth took its worst ever toll on the environment last year, the state media said today quoting a report that revealed serious pollution spills are occurring almost every other day...Last year, [SEPA] received a record 600,000...
Author: Emma Graham-Harrison, Reuters (additional reporting by Lucy Hornby)
China missed its energy saving target last year, a top official [Pan Yue] said on Wednesday, but Beijing is cracking down on major companies that ignored environmental rules as sustainable development moves up the government agenda...Four of the...
Author: Minnie Chan, South China Morning Post
A report issued by the State Environmental Protection Administration (Sepa) following investigations into water pollution in Guizhou, Jilin and Heilongjiang said it found extensive illegal operations in the provinces' power plants...In Guizhou..., 287...
Author: State Environmental Protection Administration (SEPA), China
[Original article in Chinese. Title translation, and following summary of the article's key points, provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre.]...
- Related stories: Cover-up of pollution in Guizhou [China]
- Related in-depth areas: SEPA water pollution report Oct 2006
- Related companies: Celestial Nutrifoods Chenshen Group China Huadian CLP Holdings Flying Crane Guizhou CLP Power (part of CLP Holdings) Guizhou Zhongshui Energy Development Harbin Yilan Zhongtai Chemical Miaoshi Dairy Sida International