China Metallurgical (MCC)
Headquarters in China
Author: Saipan Tribune (USA)
"Labor case vs IPI, its two contractors can proceed", 26 June 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Construction workers sue Imperial Pacific and its contractors over claims for forced labour and human trafficking in Saipan
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) Gold Mantis Imperial Pacific International
- Related in-depth areas: 中资企业海外投资
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
Author: Jim Tan, Mongabay
"Citigroup limits financing for mines that dump tailings at sea", 12 June 2019...
Author: El Día
…Testimonies from three regions in the country, in the voices of indigenous peoples, inform of a strong opposition to mining, hydro-carbon and mega hydroelectric dams’ projects...The political authority of the Turco…reported…that…the Cuprita I mine ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) Gazprom Petrobras YPFB (Yacimientos Petrolíferos Fiscales Bolivianos)
Chinese construction workers building casino on Saipan protest over unpaid wages after FBI cites construction firm for illegally importing labour
Author: Farah Master, Reuters (UK)
Saipan casino workers protest for payment as FBI cites illegal labour, 14 Apr 2017...
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC)
Author: EITI International Secretariat
Chinese companies operating in the 48 EITI implementing countries are…required to disclose information in accordance with the EITI Standard. This includes information about how much they pay to the governments…it also includes oil and mining...
- Related stories: Report finds Chinese companies willing to disclose financial information (e.g. payments to govts) according to EITI Standard
- Related in-depth areas: African region Chinese firms' impacts abroad Extractives, including oil and mines Latin American region Other issues Other regions Southeast Asia
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC) China Minmetals China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Nonferrous Metal Mining China Railway Construction CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) PetroChina Sinochem Sinopec Zijin
Author: Dion Nissenbaum, Wall Street Journal
At unlicensed coal mines in Afghanistan's remote Bamiyan province, children…are working with no safety protection…18-year-old [Afghan filmmaker] Fardeen Barakzai…traveled through Taliban territory in Bamiyan province to document the conditions of...
Author: Cultural Survival
In a major turn-around for the opponents of the Chinese Ramu Nickel Mine [jointly owned by China Metallurgical Group Corp. (MCC), Jinchuan Group, Jinlin Ji’en Nickel Industry, Jiuquan Iron and Steel, Highlands Pacific, Mineral Resources Development...
Chinese private security companies are seeing an opportunity as the U.S. withdraws troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. But plenty of complications await them.
Author: Andrew Erickson, Gabe Collins, The Diplomat [Japan]
A security vacuum is developing around Chinese workers overseas...with at least 847,000 Chinese citizen workers and 16,000 companies scattered around the globe, some of them in active conflict zones...Shandong Huawei and other emerging Chinese...