China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
Headquarters in China
CNPC is the government-owned parent company of publicly listed PetroChina, which was created in November 1999 as part of the restructuring of CNPC.
Author: South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
“Chinese construction firms using AI to monitor workers’ safety … but also to spot ‘loiterers’”, 6 July 2020...
Author: Mongabay Latam
“La Amazonía está amenazada por inversiones de miles de millones de dólares en petróleo” - 4 de julio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Recursos Naturales
- Related companies: Amerisur Exploration (part of Amerisur Resources) Andes Petroleum (joint venture CNPC & Sinopec) BlackRock China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) Citigroup GeoPark (oil and gas) Goldman Sachs HSBC JPMorgan Chase
Central Asia: Chinese workers reportedly work overtime to stay on production schedule despite COVID-19 outbreak
“Chinese business briefing: Working overtime”, 4 June 2020...
Author: Wawa Wang & Zhang Jingjing, China Dialogue
“China’s energy law could help address the Belt and Road’s climate impact”, 22 June 2020...
- Related stories: China's new energy law falls short on screening export of fossil fuel technologies, bloggers say
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Energy
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
Author: Observer Research Foundation
“Environmental effects of Chinese projects in Myanmar”, 15 April 2020...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Government must consider social and environmental impacts of BRI projects, expert says
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Power Investment Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings (UMEHL) Wanbao Mining