CIGNA website: www.cigna.com
The U.S. Supreme Court, in a ruling that may mean new limits on class-action suits, rejected an effort to sue Wal-Mart Stores Inc. for discrimination on behalf of potentially a million female workers. The justices said the lawyers pressing the case...
- Related stories: US Supreme Court rules in favour of Wal-Mart - reverses certification of class action in gender discrimination lawsuit Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Altria Bank of America Bayer CIGNA Costco Deere & Co (see John Deere) General Electric Goldman Sachs Intel Microsoft Publicis Toshiba Walmart
Author: Terry Baynes, Reuters
A former female senior manager at KPMG...filed a proposed class-action lawsuit accusing the accounting firm of discriminating against its female employees in pay, promotions and pregnancy leave. The lawsuit, filed in a New York federal court...seeks ...
CIGNA affiliate moves to compel arbitration of employee's gender bias claim - Company cites Supreme Court's recent ruling in AT&T case [USA]
Author: Sheri Qualters, National Law Journal [USA]
A CIGNA Healthcare Inc. affiliate has filed a motion to dismiss and compel arbitration of an employee's federal lawsuit alleging systemic gender discrimination. Connecticut General Life Insurance Co. filed the motion on May 16...Karp's complaint...
Author: Katie Johnston Chase, Chris Reidy, Boston Globe
The suit states that Cigna treated Bretta Karp and other female employees less favorably than their male peers by denying women rightful promotions and pay raises and fostering a hostile work environment. The lawsuit…is seeking class-action status......
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Following the massive earthquake that struck Haiti on 12 January 2010, companies announced the following contributions to humanitarian relief: [refers to donations by over 300 companies]
- Related stories: Haiti: US companies including Coca Cola, Wal-Mart, Procter & Gamble, UPS, General Motors pledge humanitarian aid to earthquake victims
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices Ahold Delhaize Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allstate Alticor Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Amway (part of Alticor) Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Avon Bank of America Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Baxter International Bayer BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bertelsmann Best Buy BNY Mellon Booz Allen Hamilton BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Cablevision Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Cargill Carnival Caterpillar Chiquita Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) Chubb Group CIGNA Citigroup Coca-Cola Comcast ConAgra Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Cummins CVS Daimler Darden Restaurants Delhaize Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Digicel Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON Eaton eBay Ecolab Eli Lilly Emcor Group EnCana Entergy Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx Fifth Third Bank Fiji Water (part of Roll International) First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors Gerdau GlaxoSmithKline Go Daddy Goldman Sachs Goodrich Google (part of Alphabet) Grand Circle Travel Green Mountain Coffee Hanesbrands Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hess Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Intel International Paper Irving Oil ITT Industries Jean Coutu Group John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Loews Lowe's LVMH Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Mattel McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola National Bank of Canada National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nestlé New York Life News Corporation Nissan Northrop Grumman NRG Energy NYSE Euronext Office Depot Oshkosh B'Gosh Panasonic Parsons Penguin Random House Pentair PepsiCo Pfizer Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Publix RadioShack Reynolds American Rite Aid Roll International Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Royal Caribbean Cruises Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Salesforce.com SanDisk Scotiabank Sempra Energy Shell Siemens Smith & Nephew Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Symantec Target Tenet Healthcare Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Tyson UBS Unilever Union Pacific United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Verizon Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) YUM!
Author: CNBC, Reuters & AP
Several major U.S. companies came to Haiti's aid on Wednesday, announcing plans to donate money and supplies following Tuesday's devastating…earthquake…Coca-Cola said it pledged a grant of $1 million to the American Red Cross, and it will also provide...
- Related stories: Haiti: US companies including Coca Cola, Wal-Mart, Procter & Gamble, UPS, General Motors pledge humanitarian aid to earthquake victims
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Air Products Alcoa Alticor Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Amway (part of Alticor) AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America Bank of Montreal Baxter International BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bertelsmann BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Campbell Soup Canon Cargill Carnival Caterpillar Chiquita Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Comcast ConAgra ConocoPhillips Credit Suisse Delhaize Dell Deutsche Bank Diageo Digicel Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON Eaton Eli Lilly EnCana FedEx Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy FPL Group General Electric General Mills General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Go Daddy Goldman Sachs Hanesbrands Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hess Corporation Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Intel International Paper ITT Industries JetBlue Airways John Deere Johnson & Johnson Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kimberly-Clark KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Limited Brands Lowe's LVMH MasterCard Mattel McDonald's McKesson Merck Microsoft Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola National Bank of Canada National Grid New York Life News Corporation Northrop Grumman Office Depot Oshkosh B'Gosh Panasonic Penguin Random House Pentair Pfizer Procter & Gamble Publix Reynolds American Rite Aid Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Royal Caribbean Cruises SCA Scotiabank Sempra Energy Shell Southern Company Staples Starbucks Symantec Target Tenet Healthcare Tesco TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Toys R Us UBS Unilever United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UPS US Bancorp Verizon Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Western Union
[PDF] "Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index 2010:A report card on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality in Corporate America."
Author: Human Rights Campaign
305 businesses achieved the top rating of 100 percent this year, compared with 260 businesses in the previous year. This accounts for 58 businesses that reached 100 percent for the first time and 13 no longer on the list, for a net increase of 45...
- Related stories: USA: Report finds number of companies with top ratings for lesbian & gay policies increased 20% despite recession
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Group Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Affiliated Computer Services Agilent Technologies Ahold Delhaize Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allianz Allstate Alston & Bird Amazon.com AMC Networks Ameren American Airlines American Express Ameriprise Financial Amgen Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev Aon Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Avis Budget Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T Best Buy Bingham McCutchen Blue Cross Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Group BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cardinal Cargill Carlson Caterpillar Cerner Charles Schwab Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clifford Chance Clorox CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cracker Barrel (part of CBRL Group) Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Rent-A-Car Exelon Expedia EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson FedEx Fifth Third Bank Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Hallmark Cards Hanover Insurance Harrah's Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Marsh (part of Marsh & McLennan) MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northrop Grumman Novartis Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pearson Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sanofi Sara Lee SC Johnson Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Supervalu T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toys R Us UBS Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Business Media United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Airways US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Virgin America Visa Inc. Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM! Zurich
Our exclusive environmental ranking of America's 500 largest corporations. [Top 5: HP, Dell, Johnson & Johnson, Intel, IBM]
- Related stories: Newsweek publishes "Green Rankings" - largest 500 US firms ranked on climate change efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Techsystems Allstate Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Analog Devices Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Archer Daniels Midland Arrow Electronics Assurant AT&T Atmos Energy AutoNation AutoZone Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beckman Coulter Bed Bath & Beyond Bemis Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club Boeing BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Bunge Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Carnival Caterpillar CBRL Group CBS CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Cintas Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eaton eBay Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Energizer Entergy EOG Resources Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia ExxonMobil Family Dollar FedEx Fifth Third Bank FirstEnergy Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Forest Laboratories FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) H&R Block Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hershey Hess Corporation Hewitt Associates Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingersoll-Rand Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit Invesco ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Joy Global JPMorgan Chase KBR Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L-3 Communications Leggett & Platt Limited Brands Lincoln National Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto (part of Bayer) Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nalco Holding Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Paychex Peabody Energy Pentair Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Polo Ralph Lauren PPG PPL Praxair Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reynolds American Ross Stores Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Schlumberger Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy Shaw Group Sherwin-Williams Simon Property Southwest Airlines Sprint Stanley Works Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Sysco T. Rowe Price Target Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Tiffany Time Warner TJX Tyco Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group Urban Outfitters URS US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin Group Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wendy's Wendy's/Arby's Group Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!