Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
GBI & Clifford Chance explore growing calls for mandatory human rights due diligence & the effect of COVID-19
Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights & Clifford Chance LLP
“Navigating the changing business and human rights legal landscape - from GBI and Clifford Chance”, 1 May 2020...
- Related stories: COVID-19: New types of protest, advocacy & demands from business-focused HRDs & groups
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Clifford Chance
Clifford Chance carries out its most extensive pro-bono project in collaboration with the Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice on behalf of the UN Special Rapporteur to research the right to a healthy environment
Author: Janet Whittaker, & Carla Lewis, Clifford Chance
International law firm Clifford Chance announces its collaboration with the Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice ("Vance Center") in New York to conduct and co-ordinate a major international pro-bono project on behalf of the UN Special...
- Related companies: Clifford Chance
New report with key elements for companies to navigate changing business & human rights legal landscape
Author: Global Business Initiative & Clifford Chance
"Business and Human Rights: Navigating a Changing Legal Landscape", Mar 2019...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Marialuisa Taddia, Law Society Gazette (UK)
"Business and human rights – moral support", 21 Mar 2016...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
Author: Human Rights Campaign
This year, an historic 304 major businesses…scored 100 percent on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index and the coveted distinction of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” These companies adopted a full framework of LGBT inclusion in the workplace,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign releases ranking of “best places to work for LGBT equality”
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acerinox Aetna AIG Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Alston & Bird AMC Networks American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Express Ameriprise Financial Apple Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AT&T Automatic Data Processing Avon AXA Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BlackRock Blue Cross BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Bristol-Myers Squibb Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cargill Charles Schwab Chevron Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox Coca-Cola Comcast Corning Covington & Burling Credit Suisse Cummins Danaher Darden Restaurants Dechert Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLA Piper Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Ecolab Edison International Electronic Arts EMC EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fenwick & West Ford Freddie Mac GameStop Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher Giorgio Armani GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Hartford Financial Services Herman Miller Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hyatt IBM Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Land O'Lakes Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Littler Mendelson Lockheed Martin Marriott Marsh & McLennan MasterCard McDermott Will & Emery McKesson McKinsey Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nielsen Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Northern Trust Novartis Office Depot Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman PNC Financial Services PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Publicis Qualcomm Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rockwell Automation Salesforce.com SAP Sears Sempra Energy Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Staples Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels Sun Life Financial SunTrust Banks Symantec T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Thomson Reuters Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota UBS Unilever Union Bank of California United Continental United Technologies UnitedHealth Group US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Volkswagen Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool White & Case Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Author: Sam Chadderton, Legal Futures (UK)
Some of the country’s biggest law firms are moving closer to establishing stand-alone human rights policies, it has emerged. Whereas many firms claim to have embedded UN guiding principles on business and human rights into their corporate and social...
Author: Institute for Human Rights and Business & UK Govt. Dept. of Business, Innovation & Skills
A report on the second meeting of stakeholders, since the establishment of the updated OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises (the Guidelines) in 2011. The participants [brought together by the Institute for Human Rights and Business and the UK...
- Related companies: Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barclays Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Centerra Gold Clifford Chance De Beers (part of Anglo American) Electric Power Development Company Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Excellon Resources First Quantum Minerals GCM Resources Glencore Groupe Forrest International Herbert Smith Freehills (formerly Herbert Smith) Mineral Commodities (MRC) Posco Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Shell Standard Chartered Unilever Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Rebecca Lowe, Intl. Bar Association
Clifford Chance, Linklaters and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer are in the process of formulating human rights strategies to comply with the Guiding Principles for Businesses and Human Rights...Other firms, including Herbert Smith Freehills and Allen ...