CNBC (part of Comcast)
Headquarters in USA
Major news organisations and business leaders withdraw from Saudi investment conference over missing journalist
On October 2, 2018, prominent Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi went missing after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi, a once royal advisor turned critic, was murdered by Saudi agents in the consultate. Khashoggi's case prompted a...
New CEO activism: business leaders are defending rights by raising awareness & leveraging economic power
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review (USA)
"The New CEO Activists", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Angie's List Apple CNBC (part of Comcast) Hobby Lobby IBM Lyft NBA Netflix New York Times Oracle Salesforce.com Twitter Under Armour Walt Disney
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the following companies, teams and organizations to respond to…[human rights] concerns about the race. Below are the responses we have received, and an indication of which companies and organizations...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre press release: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns Protests over the Bahrain Grand Prix 2012 Sponsors of Formula One "have been left squirming" after Bahrain Grand Prix goes ahead amid human rights concerns Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Alpinestars Caterham Caterham F1 Team (part of Caterham) CNBC (part of Comcast) CNN (part of Time Warner) Comcast Cosworth CVC Capital Partners Deutsche Post Diageo Falcon Private Bank (part of International Petroleum Investment Company) Ferrari Force India Formula One Group Hackett J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft NEC Petronas Reebok (part of adidas) Renault Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) UB Group Valentino Visa Inc. Vodafone Williams Companies
[PDF] Press Release - Bahrain Grand Prix: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Only 29% of firms linked to Formula One responded to Business & Human Rights Resource Centre about human rights concerns that various organizations raised relating to the Bahrain Grand Prix, scheduled for 20-22 April. Forty two companies or teams...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre press release: Only 29% of Formula One companies respond to human rights concerns Protests over the Bahrain Grand Prix 2012
- Related companies: Acer adidas Alpinestars Casio Caterham F1 Team (part of Caterham) CNBC (part of Comcast) CNN (part of Time Warner) Comcast Cosworth Daimler Dell Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Falcon Private Bank (part of International Petroleum Investment Company) Force India Gillette (part of Procter & Gamble) Hackett Hilton Hugo Boss Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group NEC Petronas Philip Morris International Pirelli Procter & Gamble Reebok (part of adidas) Renault Santander Siemens Tata Group Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Time Warner UB Group Virgin Group Visa Inc. Vodafone
Author: Business Ethics
The inaugural Business Ethics Summit...entitled “Corporate Scandals, Corporate Responsibility and the Media: Who Should We Believe?”...was attended by approximately 120 representatives of the media, corporate executives, socially responsible investment...
- Related stories: Editors of major US newspapers debate role of media in covering companies' social, environmental conduct
- Related companies: CNBC (part of Comcast) Intel New York Times Xerox