CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in China
CNOOC website: www.cnoocltd.com
Uganda: Residents in oil-rich region skeptical about benefiting from oil production, including availability of employment opportunities
Author: Moses kyeyune, Daily Monitor (Uganda)
"Bunyoro residents turn to oil firms for jobs, water"...
“Inversionistas presionan por una mayor divulgación sobre impactos en DD.HH.”, 23 de mayo de 2018...
- Related companies: BRF China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Costco Couche-Tard Devon Energy EOG Resources Falabella Gap Gazprom Heilan Home Hermès Kellogg Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. LVMH Macy's Mondelēz International Nestlé Norilsk Nickel ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Prada Ross Stores Shoprite Starbucks Surgutneftegas Target Tesco Under Armour Valero Energy
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!
Author: David Cruz, Ambiente y Sociedad, en Blogs El Espectador
“Petrolera china Sinopec demanda a venezolana Pdvsa en tribunal estadounidense” – 7 de diciembre de 2017...
Author: Simon Billenness, Executive Director of the International Campaign for the Rohingya (USA)
A group of investors and stakeholders has called on energy companies doing business in Myanmar/Burma to reassess their dealings in light of that country’s brutal military crackdown on its ethnic Rohingya minority... [L]etters signed by 31 investor...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Businesses increasingly expressing and urged to voice concern over situation in Rakhine state
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Daewoo Group PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Total Woodside
NGOs call for public participation & compensation of communities to be displaced for Uganda-Tanzania oil pipeline
Representatives of civil society organisations from Tanzania and Uganda have called for fair compensation of communities to be displaced by the Uganda-Tanzania oil pipeline construction. They have also called on the involvement of local communities in...
Uganda: Oxfam urges fair compensation for locals who will be displaced for oil-pipeline construction
Author: Fred Ojambo, Bloomberg
"Oxfam Urges Fair Compensation for Ugandan Oil-Pipeline Land"...
Author: Economía El País
“China profundiza su apuesta por América Latina”...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Minmetals China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Three Gorges Corporation CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Sinochem Sinopec State Grid Corporation of China WISCO (Wuhan Iron & Steel)