Headquarters in United Kingdom
Co-operative Group website: http://www.co-op.co.uk
Author: Nic Jooste, Produce Business UK
CSR is now commonplace in Europe, and many companies have developed a CSR strategy in one form or [A] number of new trends have emerged......
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart
Supermarkets refuse to share plastic footprint, says Guardian amid growing health concerns over plastic found in tap water
Author: Sandra Laville and Matthew Taylor, The Guardian (UK)
As concern over the scale of unnecessary plastic waste grows, the Guardian asked Britain’s eight leading supermarkets to explain how much plastic packaging they sell to consumers and whether they would commit to a plastic-free aisle in their stores....
UK: Co-op releases modern slavery statement & calls on other companies to help victims back in employment
Author: Terry Slavin, Ethical Corporation
"Join us in fight against slavery, says Co-op" 10 May 2017...
Author: Kevin Hyland OBE, Huffington Post (UK)
“The Modern Slavery Act Two Years On - The Fight Continues...”, 28 March 2017...
- Related stories: UK: 1 year of company reports under the Modern Slavery Act - compliance & future steps
- Related companies: Carillion Co-operative Group Standard Chartered
Author: Belfast Telegraph
"Co-op to offer jobs to survivors of modern slavery", 3 March 2017...
- Related companies: Co-operative Group
Author: Ian Johnston, Independent (UK)
"World could enjoy utopian future with sustainable development, year-long study finds", 16 Jan 2017...
Author: Ben Kentish, Independent (UK)
Lego will stop advertising its products in the Daily Mail, following a public campaign calling on big companies to drop adverts from newspapers accused of promoting “hatred, discrimination and demonisation”, the company has announced. The Danish firm,...
Rainforest Foundation & Ethical Consumer Magazine guide ranks companies with palm oil products based on sustainability
Author: Rainforest Foundation UK
"Palm Oil Guide," Apr 2016...
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Avon Beiersdorf Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boots (now Alliance Boots) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive Ecover Estée Lauder Ferrero Green & Black's (part of Cadbury) Greggs Grupo Clarin Iceland (part of the Big Food Group) John Lewis Partnership Johnson & Johnson Kellogg L'Oreal Lavera Lotte E&C Lush Marks & Spencer Mars Mondelēz International Morrisons Nestlé PepsiCo Premier Foods Procter & Gamble PZ Cussons Reckitt Benckiser Revlon Sainsbury SC Johnson Tesco Thorntons Unilever United Biscuits Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Weleda
Author: Tom Levitt, Guardian (UK)
"Lidl is the latest to switch to sustainable bananas. Will it make a difference?", 6 Feb 2016...