Headquarters in United Kingdom
Co-operative Group website: http://www.co-op.co.uk
UK: Co-op releases modern slavery statement & calls on other companies to help victims back in employment
Author: Terry Slavin, Ethical Corporation
"Join us in fight against slavery, says Co-op" 10 May 2017...
Supermarkets refuse to share plastic footprint, says Guardian amid growing health concerns over plastic found in tap water
Author: Sandra Laville and Matthew Taylor, The Guardian (UK)
As concern over the scale of unnecessary plastic waste grows, the Guardian asked Britain’s eight leading supermarkets to explain how much plastic packaging they sell to consumers and whether they would commit to a plastic-free aisle in their stores....
Author: Nic Jooste, Produce Business UK
CSR is now commonplace in Europe, and many companies have developed a CSR strategy in one form or [A] number of new trends have emerged......
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
Author: UN Global Compact
“87 empresas principales marcan el camino hacia un futuro C 1,5 ° en la Cumbre de Acción por el Clima de la ONU”, 22 de septiembre de 2019...
- Related companies: América Movil Asics Atlassian Bharti Airtel Burberry Co-operative Group Coop Danmark Danone Deutsche Telekom Dexus EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrolux Ericsson Firmenich Glovo IKEA International Flavors & Fragrances Intuit Klabin L'Oreal Malwee Nokia Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NRG Energy Orsted Salesforce.com Scania Schneider Electric Sodexo Suez Swiss Re Wipro
Author: UN Global Compact
87 major companies... are taking action to align their businesses with what scientists say is needed to limit the worst impacts of climate change. Responding to a call-to-action issued in June by a group of business, civil society and UN leaders, the...
- Related stories: Climate Week 2019: Calls for stronger commitments by govts. & companies on climate change
- Related companies: América Movil AstraZeneca Atlassian Bharti Airtel BT Burberry Co-operative Group Danone Deutsche Telekom Dexus EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrolux Ericsson Firmenich Glovo Guess HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA International Flavors & Fragrances Intuit Klabin L'Oreal Levi Strauss Nepal Tea Development Corporation Ltd (NTDC) (Triveni Group) Nestlé Nokia Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NRG Energy Orange Reliance Industries Saint-Gobain Salesforce.com SAP Scania Schneider Electric Seventh Generation Signify Sodexo Suez Swiss Re Unilever Wipro